since installation is the most important aspect to make a system perform well....

Participant count
  • Participant list

carter1010
10+ year member

I thought this was an interesting question...if you had to build a system and you only had a 400.00 budget for your main components such as deck, comps, amps, subs, but the install was going to be perfect, what pieces would you chose and why. All items need to be avalilable at stores now, no old school components, that would make it to easy. Be interesting to see if anyone could pull of an SPL setup with this as well.

The reason I ask is i often wondered, if you installed lets say a whole pyramid system, could you with proper install make it sound competitive.

My SQ concept:

Clarion CZ109 85.00

Rockford R150-2 110.00

1 Pair RE 6.5 FR 99.00

RE12 12" sub 80

So you would run your front stage off of HU power?

I'd say try to find a decent 4 channel amp to run the sub and front set. Jump up to components since you have some power.

i would save until i had enough money to buy some quality equipment. i spent more than $400 on my deadener and wiring alone.

My system in my car is

Alpine IDA 100

Alpine PDX 1.1000

Alpine PDX 4.100

CDT Euro Fronts

JL W7

so no, this isn't for me. Its sort of a hypothetical of building the best budget sq system possible for 400.00 in main components not including the install portion ie dynamat, enclosure construction, speaker pods, wiring ext. And, I would run the one amp, the rockford, three way config, with caps and coils handling all the crossover work. Just want to see who can design the best sounding system for 400.00.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.