Simple aftermarket head unit upgrade- sound out of only one speaker!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SpceSpff

I just replaced an older aftermarket head unit with a new one. Only getting sound out of one speaker!!!! It's a Pioneer DEH-X4700BT. Went in to a 1996 Ford F250.

The new wiring harness was 99% the same as the one I replaced. I hooked the red/black/yellow wires up to the Ford harness all the same. I hooked the green/violet/white speaker wires all the same. Only catch here is my left front speaker is hard wired. So, I just re-hard wired that to the new harness, same as it was before. That is the only speaker that is working now.

Here is the only difference. The previous aftermarket harness had a blue and white wire that was spliced with two wires on the Ford harness. The Ford wires were blue and blue/white.

The new aftermarket harness has a blue/white wire, but it is the system remote control. Supposed to be for a power antenna or an amp. I did not connect it to anything. The old aftermarket harness had a solid blue wire that was not connected to anything. I assume for the same reasons.

Ford harness has three orange wires that were never connected to anything.

Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.