significant woofer upgrade

bump465

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
Im wondering if I will notice a difference if I swap out my (2) 15" HCCAs.

Was thinking of either sundown nightshades or incriminator wardens. I havent heard Fi mentioned for a while, was also looking at their team series.

would i notice a significant difference with one of these other woofers assuming same power and surface area?

or should I just try to get another HCCA or 2 and focus on increasing Cone area?

Daily driver, Rap music, SQ Q1 3500 for power.

Speakers are going into a large suv.

I've got some Wardens for sale, but they're probably too big for you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Nsv3 and IA wardens will take 3500amp each woofer. Depends on the enclosure if one woofer likes it better you might gain. Other wise prly not
just depends on what kind of setup cabin gain power input etc.

Ive seen 2+BD gains from 45-60 just by swapping out the woofer..

HCCas are honetly a ****** designe. if he swiched over to a pair of zcons Id bet money he gains 2-3db above 40hz..

**** i though you had a pair.

with 3500 Id probably get the zcon. it be close to its thermal limits but it will handle 3500 if it as very clean. and yes it would make that HCCA ****.

if you have the space maybe a single 18 or dual 15s..

No one cares if there woofers play 60hz. That's what they did in 1990... Today's substages are 20hz-40hz is where it's at... Ear plunging bass... 45hz-60hz is nose itching annoying.

No one cares if there woofers play 60hz. That's what they did in 1990... Today's substages are 20hz-40hz is where it's at... Ear plunging bass... 45hz-60hz is nose itching annoying.
subass is between 20 cycles about 80 cycles. i perfer to cross mine around 65-70. like i said most music is between 30-65. unless you want chopped and screwed its realy just a matter of tuning alittle lower. if you wanted killer lowend the hcca isnt terrible but the SB NSv3 will eat it alive. so would the SSA evil and zcon.

Id sell the HCCA and grab a pair of 15s if you really want to see a large gain..

I suppose I should probably know most of this. I guess my confusion came from the warden series, I figured a huge neo magnet like that would increase sensitivity quite a bit. I guess this is not the case? Ia hasn't filled out the spec sheet for the wardens. And when I see nightshade videos the woofer is moving a scary amount, it looks like much more than my hcca. I suppose this question is more directed to sensetivity. My orions won't even move on less than 1000w.

Trying to decide if I should get recones or just buy a new woofer, it seems like I wouldn't be impressed with a direct swap though?

just depends on what kind of setup cabin gain power input etc.Ive seen 2+BD gains from 45-60 just by swapping out the woofer..

HCCas are honetly a ****** designe. if he swiched over to a pair of zcons Id bet money he gains 2-3db above 40hz..
I know it's hard to compare different vehicles but my HCCA on 3k was 2db louder than a guy who had a btl with 4k

And I peaked 2hz lower both 15's both similar size and tuning

The HCCA is a capable woofer and can take a good amount of power

I don't think you will see much of a gain from a swap

I know it's hard to compare different vehicles but my HCCA on 3k was 2db louder than a guy who had a btl with 4kAnd I peaked 2hz lower both 15's both similar size and tuning

The HCCA is a capable woofer and can take a good amount of power

I don't think you will see much of a gain from a swap
while there efficiency isnt terrible they definitally wouldn't be in my car. i just dont really care for the design.the BTL i dont even remember but they where pretty solid. last HCCA i fucked with was so **** power hungry it wasnt funny. friend swapped it out with a HDC3 with a PSI recone and liked it alot better..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.