Northwest Region Shows

AK,CO,ID,MT,ND,OR,SD,WY,WA
    Participant count
  • Participant list
I honestly dont foresee a big "dB drag" turn out next year, bass race and other events of the sort will be more popular with the Colorado crowd I think . I personally never liked the whole test tone burp thing, but I'm sure everyone already knew that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I honestly dont foresee a big "dB drag" turn out next year, bass race and other events of the sort will be more popular with the Colorado crowd I think . I personally never liked the whole test tone burp thing, but I'm sure everyone already knew that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
It is what it is, somepeople build for the tones and some for the bassrace, heck alot build to not compete at all.

As a business though I could see bassrace/demo type stuff bringing alot more people to you than straight drag. It allows people to realize what can be done with the music they listen to everyday.

not sure of everyone's screen names here, but this is Colin....I *HAD* the silver focus at the last show with 2 9515s and the IA 40.1 I took first place that night at Circuit City....

Anyway, I moved out here from WI (where db drag is a hell of a lot bigger) and I have never done tones before until I met Steve, haha......I am all about music, like you, Mike. Posting a number out of a fart box doesn't get me wet......but when you can play Thriller and be heard from the **** interstate....now THAT is appealing.

I think the biggest problem is that the numbers the TL puts up are based off of higher frequencies. Now to me, I have heard some 60+ cars (TL) before, and it wasn't nearly as loud as Mike's burban....why you ask? Because there is acoustics to go along with the head splitting bass.

As you can see, I am now driving a Range Rover, which will be built for just a loud ass daily....should be pretty nice.

I look forward to see you all next year!

Pics of what the focus ended life as -

New ride -

Also, Mike, you have a PM

It is what it is, somepeople build for the tones and some for the bassrace, heck alot build to not compete at all.
As a business though I could see bassrace/demo type stuff bringing alot more people to you than straight drag. It allows people to realize what can be done with the music they listen to everyday.
I agree, it is what it is. And from what I've seen over the past few years, the dB drag circuit in Co. is not as strong as it once was, it has alot to do with how the shows are ran, but not entirely. I just think Colorado as a whole is geared more towards ground pounding sub sonic frequencies, making the SUB-woofer do what it is intended to do.. play the LOW stuff, and play it all day long, The burban can play all day at a consistent high volume, at idle, and still play a 153 in the lane with no cool down time, Thats the stuff that Colorado bass heads want, not a one note wonder competition. I've been criticized all year long because I wont play tones, some even think the burban CAN'T play tones..it can, and will do the same number, why? because the system was designed to play EVERYTHING. R&B, RAP, Rock, country, techno, spanish music and yes even Michael Jackson...name it, bring it I'll play it, but please dont ask me to play a test tone, a 35hz note is gunna shake the truck as much as Cierra does..why? because the bass notes in that song are 35 hz. its not magic, its just science. haha

Colin, thanks for the props. Its much appreciated.

Mike

Ohh Colin, I forgot to mention, I Like the new whip, I did a 98 range with 2 9917's powered by 2 US Amps 2000X's and the truck was stupid loud, of course it was an everyday driver, so it was basicly a smaller version of the burban, played every type of music you could throw at it, and play it all day long. It was featured in Todays SUV back in June of 2001.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nismofreak

10+ year member
VIP *****es
Nismofreak
ATL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date