Should I see much of an improvement on voltage with 2g big3?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RSDXzec
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Australia
Been considering the big 3 upgrade for a while, recently looking at my voltages. With the cd player off + engine on I get 13.6V, with the car off I get 12.2V (once I play music obviously these values change). I have some 2g wire lying around so I'm considering getting some terminals and wiring it up but on such a low power system I don't know how much of an improvement I'd see.

I have 180WRMS (4 ohms) on speakers, and 350WRMS (2 ohms) on the sub, each amp using 8g wires to the battery. The car has a 50A alternator and the stock wires consist of:

-ve battery to starter motor + chassis - 7g (looks slightly thicker than 8g) about 85cm worth (33.4645")

+ve battery to alternator - 7g about 50cm (19.6850")

motor gnd to chassis - 10g about 30cm worth (11.8110")

By replacing those 3 with 2g will I really see my voltages rise much? or does that generally apply to higher powered systems?

Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.