Should i make the trade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zeepian
10+ year member

SCS, MI
Hello,

im talking to this guy locally about trading my sub for his. Now i'm tryin to figure out if it is worth it or if im gettin screwed.

I have a Pioneer Spl Champion Series(TS-W5102SPL) sub....6000max 2500rms dual voice coil sub....im hearing mixed things from emailers off craigslist. Lot of people sayin i have it priced too high for $500 with a ported box with less than 15 minutes of play on it....

from the 15 minutes i heard it pumpin....was well worth 500+...
IMG_2801.jpg

clearly im broke now, and cant afford a 3000rms amp. My car is setup with a Kinetic 1800 drycell and 0 gauge wiring..200amp alternator.which i was told is enough for 3000rms...ive been sittin on this sub for at least 2 years with no amp..but i dont wanna give it away..

Anyways the guy off craigslist has a JL 12w7 or a MTX 9500 box in ported boxes....

Now originally i wanted to trade someone for a full setup, but no bites.

It just seems in my hard times i would be able to afford an amp to power 1000rms and could slowly buly up from there...

I just dont wanna get ripped offfffffffffffffffff....let me know! thankssss

Keep the pioneer, you've sat on it this long whats a little bit longer. Why have you not bought an amp to power it? you have everything else it seems
This. Unless you would like to trade it for my Orion HCCA 10d? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

for comparisons sake, i see w7s list on my CL for anywhere from about 200-400$...Havent seen as many 9500s, but I have seen them rarely for about 180-280 iirc.

well i had it originally hooked up to a Massive 3000.1 but it blew up.

and i bout it from a Gilbralter Trade Center..this guy sent it out....after i spent 500 bucks on it....a year passed before gettin the amp back...AND IT WAS STILL BROKEN....stickly long situation of a My word against his word(i sent letters to the better business bureau, but there company slandered my name sayin a bunch of ********)...i believe in karma...and im sure he'll be outta business SOOOOOOOON.

anyways....its been soo long for me without bass......and im hungry for it.

couple of my buddies swear by there JL setups...but they havent heard this beastttttttttt.

alot of people are tellin me too its not an everyday type of sub, which im not lookin at entering comps....but i love alot of noiseeeeeeee....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.