should i get a 12w7 jlaudio or 12 juggernaut.

jlaudiow6
10+ year member

san diego
I'm getting new subs but cant make up my mind. I'm gonna be using the orion 1200d 2003 amp to power theses suckers. I'm not sure if i should get the jl audio w7 or juggernaut. And if you think i should consider something besides the two then help me out. Thanks

Peronally I think the JL's are a bit too pricey. I was about to buy one but then the you gan get subs that are just as good for waaayyy less.

i'm looking for a deep bass woffer. Price isnt the big deal but i want something that pounds deep. If price isnt a problem then should i get the w7 or other brands. And i dont know much a bout the re xxx.

a juggernaut is like an extream SPL sub....defently not an everyday driver...the w7s will give u that option (everyday sub) but wont get asloud as a jugg. u said u want a deep poundin sub....mine get low and sound great....just for refference....

but with a w7 u wont be winnin many SPL comps. (if thats what ur in to)....maybe a lil one...so if u want more SPL and listin to it mostly all the time try what the other guys reccomeded

the w7 has supreme low ends while maintaining very, very good SQ. they get loud, but not competition loud.

check out the brahma or XXX if you want to get a little bit louder but still have SQ.

-nate

Eclipse Titanium... supposedly rivals the W7 in many ways... it is also what I am running now. And actually, when I had my crossover frequency set at the lowest (30hz ish) it absolutely pounded... even with the volume at medium or so. That is not my taste, because I only have 1 and was missing out on higher low-end frequencies, but if you only like really deep thumps, I'd say consider it. Do a search on "Eclipse Titanium" and you will see constant comparisons between it an JL's W7

Originally posted by danfortner Eclipse Titanium... supposedly rivals the W7 in many ways... it is also what I am running now. And actually, when I had my crossover frequency set at the lowest (30hz ish) it absolutely pounded... even with the volume at medium or so. That is not my taste, because I only have 1 and was missing out on higher low-end frequencies, but if you only like really deep thumps, I'd say consider it. Do a search on "Eclipse Titanium" and you will see constant comparisons between it an JL's W7
it was suppose to rivial it, but it doesn't really....if your looking for one sub go brahma, w7 or xxx if you want to push set of subs, mabey look into a pair of edk's

Originally posted by danfortner Eclipse Titanium... supposedly rivals the W7 in many ways...
lol i thought that it was the Pg Ti elite that rivals it? its the w7 killer... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

-nate

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.