Shopping for new subs

slammedtc

Current setup:

amp - Kenwood KAC-9106D - pushing 1000w rms @ 2ohm

subs - 2 Kenwood Kfc-w3013ps

enclosure - ported box i built myself. chambered providing 1.75 cu.ft. per sub.

I like my subs but i want a louder deeper sound.

the subs i want - 2 JL 12W3v3

Running on my current amp @ 2ohm. My concern is that these subs cost $450. Will I be content with the difference for the money or should I go a different route?

Thanks!

By changing to different subs. Won't get you louder the w3 subs , yes are better. But not by much as far as being loud. You'll need new subs amp and box to get what you want. And possibly better /larger wire and battery

[quote name='slammedtc']Current setup:

amp - Kenwood KAC-9106D - pushing 1000w rms @ 2ohm
subs - 2 Kenwood Kfc-w3013ps
enclosure - ported box i built myself. chambered providing 1.75 cu.ft. per sub.

I like my subs but i want a louder deeper sound.

the subs i want - 2 JL 12W3v3

Running on my current amp @ 2ohm. My concern is that these subs cost $450. Will I be content with the difference for the money or should I go a different route?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Those subs will work in your current box but i'd get them used. Hell, @CaptainMaximus can get you a pair of W6 subs shipped to your door for how much those W3s cost and the difference between W3s and W6 is pretty big sound quality and build quality wise chinese VS US. Most of the cheaper underground competition sub choices out there will require you to build a different spec'd box and need more much more power.

I have a 250 amp alternator and 4awg wire to the amp. i built my enclosure to spec perfectly. and i have short 12awg wires to the subs

so going from $140 subs so $450 subs woulnt be worth it unless i get a bomb a$$ amp to go with it?

I have a 250 amp alternator and 4awg wire to the amp. i built my enclosure to spec perfectly. and i have short 12awg wires to the subs
so going from $140 subs so $450 subs woulnt be worth it unless i get a bomb a$$ amp to go with it?
If you're trying to get loud JL isn't the most cost effective way to go. Price doesn't always equate to louder/better.

I'm happy with the amp. i think it does ratted. I've blown 2 of these 12s already and they are rated the same.

I may go little by little. space in my car is a bigger problem than $$$

what amp would any of you recommend thats 1000rms at 2ohm?

Also I just hate the way the subs sound. they sound great with electronic music but **** with hiphop. I actually like the way my old audiobahns sounded better that i had 10 years ago

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

If you're trying to get loud JL isn't the most cost effective way to go. Price doesn't always equate to louder/better.
What brand do you suggest?

Your box may be the issue for the subs not sounding so good Even if they aren't that good The amp isn't very good period. And unless your going with a sq build I'd look at different subs Amp wise is gonna depend on your budget most amps out that will do 1000 at 2 ohms. Is gonna be a 1500-2000 watt amp at 1 ohm. Unless you find a alpine or older arc audio amp

I'm happy with the amp. i think it does ratted. I've blown 2 of these 12s already and they are rated the same.

Also I just hate the way the subs sound. they sound great with electronic music but **** with hiphop. I actually like the way my old audiobahns sounded better that i had 10 years ago

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

If you want budget friendly go with HDS2/312 and Look for an infinity reference 1211 rated at 1300rms @2ohm

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

What is the box tuned at?

Pictures?

If you blew them, how do you have the settings on the amp? Pics?

1.75 cu. ft. per sub. I dont have the tuning specs on hand but the port length is 15". they are written down elsewhere. but i blew one of these 12s in a sealed box and another in this box the other day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.