Shocker

Those were the subs to have back when I started driving.Had a few shocker 2 15s, shocker extreme 15, and an 18" super extreme.

The customer service was no good. I blew the super after about 20 minutes, and sent the motor back to get reconed.

Didn't see that motor again for more than 5 years.
Wouldn't you be "shocked" if you got that motor one day and they were trying to turn things around?!

I will say if you can get an American made small gap motor and American made parts you'll be paying for that. Shipping sigs built up is prohibitively expensive so if one were to get hold of him and order a woofer it would behoove you to buy enough softparts so you can DIY recones.

Also AFAIK Mike has become very sensitive to the fumes from CA glue so I don't know who will actually be doing assembly. Though definitely not something you'd want to rely on Chinese kids to assemble. There's zero margin of error in aligning the coil in that motor.

Wouldn't you be "shocked" if you got that motor one day and they were trying to turn things around?!
I did get one years later.

He showed up on caco a few years ago after being gone for quite a few years. I asked about it and he said he had a few laying around and I got him to send me one. Was just a tc9 motor though, nothing too special.

I talked to Mike last week and he said he has had the site up for a couple few years now. He said he had no plans to go back into producing subs, but he keeps the site up "just so that people know I'm still alive".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jbake1975

Senior VIP Member
Jbake1975
U.S.A.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from