shallow mount 6.5" mids?

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
less than 2.9" depth.

i have some selenium 6w4p mids, and they are 2.9" depth. well they fit, but a shallower mid would be easier.......

its really only one thing thats messing me up, and i cant cut the door where its hitting, becuase its the part of the door that the window track thing is screwed to...

PS i need 16 of them so dont suggest AA poly mids, becuase good luck finding 16.

dont want them to be over like $30 each either

phone pic

CopyofCA87IDCF.jpg

yes im still figuring out how i want the baffle mounted exactly, before i fleece it and glass the edges flush all around, to the stock panel.

i have this thing called a seat, that the baffle already touches.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

let me clarify.

they all fit in that pic above.

but when i close the door, theres about 3 that will touch the side of my seat (just the leather) but still, i cant have it touching the surround.

if i take out some mids its gonna throw off the look, and impedance, meaning ill have to delete the same number of tweeters so i have the same nuimber of mids and tweets, which will really throw off the impedance becuase the tweets are 3 ohm each and i already have it all figured out how im going to wire it.

im just gonna have to make these work.

when i recover my seats in suede i may just have to trim some of the foam before my interior guy makes the new seat covers from suede

all i need is about 3/4" off the side of the seat LOL

getting rid of the seleniums? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.