Serious Question about SPL

Sorry, trying to be as broad as possible...
Well the issue is that you have to understand a great deal about what is going on to understand what any of us would describe to you.

The easiest thing to say is no car is the same no matter how close they are. Each car likes different size subs, power, sub port placement and so much more....

Also some cars that have 20k or more are not meant to meter loud they are meant to just be loud...and they do that with ease.

Well the issue is that you have to understand a great deal about what is going on to understand what any of us would describe to you.
The easiest thing to say is no car is the same no matter how close they are. Each car likes different size subs, power, sub port placement and so much more....

Also some cars that have 20k or more are not meant to meter loud they are meant to just be loud...and they do that with ease.
Ok, thanks for all the info.

Power means nothing. Some amps say they produce a certain rating but a lot of the time its false. And NO you do not gain 3 db from doubling the power or surface area. Your numbers are based on build more then the gear although good gear helps. If you want 160s from a Jeep you need to wall it. My Jeep Cherokee did 156s with 2 15s and a 5k amp all in the cargo area and I added more batts and 4X power and gained only 1.5db. Sometimes your car just stops getting loud with your setup and you need to change it. There are guys in stock classes with 2 subs 1 amp and 1 battery that are louder then modified guys using walls with 8 15s 10k power and a battery bank. Its all about the car and the build. SPL dont make sense, its just the way it is man

also has a lot to do with the idiot (or genius) doing the build. there is ALOT of stuff that goes into the process.

port placement, resonant frequency of vehicle, tuning your box to the proper hz to take advantage of the cars res. frequency, box size, port area, etc.

your be surprised that 1000 watts will get you 3 more decibels, but changing box size/tuning, or even moving the box can gain you more than 3db. good sound deadening, bracing the vehicles roof etc.

there's alot of trial and error involved, especially with port tuning and box/ port/speaker placement.

also has a lot to do with the idiot (or genius) doing the build. there is ALOT of stuff that goes into the process.
port placement, resonant frequency of vehicle, tuning your box to the proper hz to take advantage of the cars res. frequency, box size, port area, etc.

your be surprised that 1000 watts will get you 3 more decibels, but changing box size/tuning, or even moving the box can gain you more than 3db. good sound deadening, bracing the vehicles roof etc.

there's alot of trial and error involved, especially with port tuning and box/ port/speaker placement.
Yea, I was surprised how much louder my sub gets faced towards the trunk, rather than towards the driver. I have fold down seats, so I had to try it. Haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.