Series to Parrallel wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

fox_forma
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Its a pretty simple question but I keep thinking about it and it is starting to confuse me now. If you have 2 D4 subs wired to run at a 4ohm load it shows the subs basically being wired in series with eachother then parralleled before the amp (correct?) When looking at the diagrams it shows how to wire them, but it shows how to wire the subs together as one. If the subs needed to be wired seperately for each chamber in a box, would you wire each one in series then connect the wires together at the amp to get the 4ohm load between the two? Hope I'm making sense.

Do you mean like this ?

untitled-1.jpg

Wire each D4 sub to be 8 ohms, then connect them outside the box for a 4 ohm load?

yeah thats what i mean. connect both woofers like this seperately.....

1_4ohmDVC_8ohm.gif

The combine them together at the amp like you have in the pic you made up. Is that correct?

In your pic you have the wires coming off of the same voice coil out the box, shouldnt it be a (+) from one VC and a (-) from the other while the other two are connected together?

In your pic you have the wires coming off of the same voice coil out the box, shouldnt it be a (+) from one VC and a (-) from the other while the other two are connected together?
It's hard to tell from his pics cause you only know which are the pos and neg and not which is from which coil.

You are correct, though. Wire the subs' coils in series and then wire them together at the amp.

Do you mean like this ?
untitled-1.jpg

Wire each D4 sub to be 8 ohms, then connect them outside the box for a 4 ohm load?
that is how i had my 2 rl-p's wired togethor for about a 2 month span. it worked just as imagined. but instead of being connect at the amp in that fashion, i connected them at the plug thingy in the box(i cant remember the name of it). and from there to the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.