Senior Project Help!

Daher2323
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys we have senior project at my high school and ive decided to build a fibeglass subwoofer enclosure for my product. Do you guys have any ideas for a research paper topic having to do with audio (something to do with sound)? It is a 5-7 page research paper so topic cant be TOO narrow. Thanks for any and all help!

So what are trying to prove?

FG better than MDF? Better than Birch?

or what? Decide what you want to accomplish then we might have some ideas.

Right now I don't see 5-7pages coming out of how FG looks hella good and is really strong in the curves compared to MDF/Birch.

see the weird thing about this is...the product and the research paper arent supposed to meet up. It is basically two seperate things. The research paper just has to deal with the main topic of the product, which is sound. So my research paper just needs to deal with sound. Sorry for not stating that in op

Chemicaly Bonding Glues vs Physically Bonding Glues and their effects on the structural integrity of acoustic Cabinets.

Also, because it is probably 5-7 pages double spaced you MUST be narrow to have a decent paper. I could write 5-7 pages double spaced describeing my toe nails. On small papers being narrow is ideal.

well id really like to do something on sound, not on enclosures. Just having trouble thinking of what a good topic on sound would be. anybody have any ideas?

it doesnt and shouldnt be opinionated.....

I think i might of decided on "the physics of how a speaker produces sound"

what do you guys think? any other suggestions?

it doesnt and shouldnt be opinionated.....
I think i might of decided on "the physics of how a speaker produces sound"

what do you guys think? any other suggestions?
Senior projects are generally not technical papers. In general senior projects are normal research papers with a thesis and facts and material backing that thesis. There is no proving fact (laws of physics) so you have to delve into an area where there is controversy, take as stand, and support your views.

Well you could write a research paper on the way people listen to their music. You listen to yours loud with alot of bass. And others don't. You could do that and theres gotta be stuff on the web about how people like to listen to music. That sorta has to do with sound. And you can relate it to your building project by saying you like your music loud and just show em how that enclosure bumps. Just my .02

Some areas are trying to limit amplifer power outputs for aftermarket systems. Take a stand on that and explain one way or another. If you like this subject I will provide you with my point of view and you can go from there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.