*****see what you think? *****

Turboj5525
10+ year member

First off let me say that I'm a rookie so feel free to kick me along as necessary and thanks in advance.

I'm looking for ideas, opinions, criticism and help in general on the system I'm about to install in my 2010 F250 crew cab. This truck already has a 100amp alternator and two batteries. Hopefully I have provided all the info needed to give me some good solid advice.

The equipment list

Cheap touch screen deck off eBay with Rca outs for front/rear and sub but no sub level control.

The only adjustments the deck provides are bass, treble, fade, left to right and loudness off or on... not sure what that last one is really for. As far as this deck goes, I know... I know... bad purchase. Just fyi I'm also on a very tight budget lol

2 sets of Cadence Cwm6 6.5 comps 100w rms

1 10" Kicker solo classic Dvc 4ohm sub 450w rms in a small sealed box matched to the sub.

Power Acoustik crypt 1700w 4ch. 150w rms x4 with high pass filters

Power Acoustik crypt mono 1500w. 650w rms at 2ohms with remote gain knob and low pass filter.

KnuKonceptz Kolossus Flex 0g to Dual 4g Amplifier Installation Power Kit with 150amp fuse and distribution block, 3 sets Knukonceptz twisted shielded rca cables, Knukonceptz 8g speaker wire for sub, Knukonceptz 16g speaker wire for comps.

60sq' of 50mil sound deadener for doors, rear pillars behind rear doors and behind rear seat.

speaker baffles for doors and rear pillars behind rear doors.

My plan is to install the sub behind the rear seat, build a amp rack for under the rear seat for the amps. Install one set of comps in the front doors with the tweeter mounted where the stock one normally is or on the A pillars maybe. (Fyi my truck is an xlt so it does not have tweeters in the front or speakers in the rear doors from the factory). Then I was going to install the second set of comps in the rear pillar behind the rear doors (factory location for 5x7's) and mount the tweeter in the plastic surround above them or mount the tweeter in the rear door panels.

As far as sound I listen to mostly Rock/80's/blues/metal with some rap and country. I'm looking for lots of volume with clean balanced sound. I don't want the sub to over power the system but I want to feel it. I'm half deaf so I listen to most car stereos almost or all the way up granted these are stock but I definitely like it loud and detailed. An example of a test song that would make me smile as far as what I like to listen to would be "In the air tonight", anything Volbeat, Thin lizzy, Boston, G&R etc.... I hope that helps seems like I see lots of ppl saying well it depends on what you listen to when asked questions.

My questions are as follows...

1. What db do I set the crossovers on the comps to?

2. How do I set the filters on the amps? Or do I set them to full pass?

3. How do I wire the sub in relation to load? Im assuming 2ohms would be best.

4. How bad will the cheap deck hurt me?

5. Do I need an eq? I found some cheap 5ch's with built in crossovers on eBay. (remember budget)...

6. Opinions on the location of the tweeters front and rear?

7. Where should I mount the crossovers for the comps front and rear?

8. Any tips on how to get the speaker wire into the factory doors? I've heard this is an issue...

9. Would something better serve me as mid speakers in the rear instead of two sets of comps?

Any other comments questions concerns advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I will be using a Dmm to set the gains on the amps and just to clarify I'm assuming I should wire the sub for a 2ohm load but I wanted to be sure. Also the 4ch amp had high pass filters that are adjustable between 50hz and 250hz on the front channel and the rear channel high pass filter is fixed at 80hz. Where should this be set to on the front channel and will the rear channel being fixed hurt the sound?

On the sub amp should I leave the bass boost off?

Is there a way to check the preamp outs on the deck with a dmm to make sure they are not weak?

Its just a long post, I think people see it and dont feel like reading it to give you a solid answer. As I just did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Its just a long post, I think people see it and dont feel like reading it to give you a solid answer. As I just did //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Oh I see....

I'm sure someone will give you some answers... I'd help you out but I don't have time to even set up my own audio. I can steer you towards a couple shops that are great and won't bend you over if you're interested. Otherwise, Google and the search function can be very helpful.

Yeah this is way long and too much stuff in one thread. Break it down into each section there is here (amps, speakers, subs, etc.), and people will have better answers and the thread won't get as complicated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Turboj5525

10+ year member
Turboj5525
Tulsa, Ok
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from