securing box in trunk

Killa sin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
florida
My box slides all over the place in my trunk and it loosenes wires, makes noise,etc. I tryed velcro and double sided tape and nothing works. I dont really want to take the risk of drilling and hitting something. Does anyone have another idea? By the way, my box is covered with mica not carpet.

i just took some black nylon rope and attached it to my box, then a place in my trunk. In my setup you cant see it at all, but i know i have seen some where it would ruin the look.

just make a big ass ported box that takes all the trunk, that way it wont move:D

i know someone has it like that in here. i dotn' know if it was done in purpose or not tho

i got these tiny L clamps, scrwed one end into my box and bolted the other side just on the carpet, not into the actually body of the car cause i was scared of hitting something too. THen i took double sided tape and tape the living fuk outta my carpet. Problem solved //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

In leased cars, where modifications were not allowed, we would install preformed boxes and then use straps to secure the top of the box to the rear deck, where you could usually find somewhere to connect to. One other idea: get one of those rubber mats that you see under a rug...$5 at Wal Mart...

Originally posted by Matador just make a big ass ported box that takes all the trunk, that way it wont move:D

i know someone has it like that in here. i dotn' know if it was done in purpose or not tho
Thats what i did in my lincoln, no slidin' for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by Matador just make a big ass ported box that takes all the trunk, that way it wont move:D

my box is almost like that. except i've got 34" of depth to work with my box is only 33" deep hehe and i've got 38" of width to work with the box is only 37 7/8" lol. although i doubt a box that is roughly 65-75lbs in itself plus over 40lbs for subs will move much.

adam

Ever take a look at a Jeep CJ's hood? The older models had a rubber "ball strap" (okay everyone ... get it out of your system and laugh at that) thing that pulled taut to hold the hood down. I've seen people use those before to secure sub boxes in their trunk.

One pair on the front side of the box and another pair on the back side would hold that sucker right in place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.