:POLL: Do you install your own stuff?

Do you install your own stuff?

• Yes 100%.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Sort of, Basix stuff.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Not at all, reputable shops do it.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Not at all, Big Name Electronic shops.

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
I am mr un-handy so paying some one I can trust is worth it. If I were do to it myself I would mess somethign up without a doubt.

I do because I don't trust the yahoo's in the shops around here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by dave_3148 i do cus its cheaper, gives me something to do and i know more about my system so when it messes up i can fix it myself
Me to, last time that I send my ride to an audio installer they disconnect the A/C power on the HU to connected with the Cigarette lighter, that was to fix an amp that don't turn on.

i do everything cuz that way u learn, n then you have double the satisfaction cuz u know u did everything, n u know u did everythign right hopefully.

I did all my own stuff cept for door panels cause i dont have the right tools and alarm cause i know i would screw that up and void the warentee! But get this, I brought my bros subs off him (I was broke off my ass and wanted good subs really bad!) put them in my car with a peice of crap amp. they were fine. When i got some money i went out and bought a jl 500/1.. hooked it up all fine started listning too it 5 minutes later one of my subs blew. I was like what the hell each sub is rated at 500 RMS (I have 2). I asked my bro who put them in the box he told me the shop did. So i took the sub outta the boxand they had it hooked up so screwed up! There DVC. They had the + from the amp going to the + on one side of the sub then the - on the same side going to the - on the amp. On the other side of the sub they put the + from that end to the + on the other sub and the - to the - on the other sub, and the other side had no wires attached. Needles to say i went in there flipped out and got meself a new sub!

I install all of my own stuff. And lots of other peoples for that matter! I do it for lots of differant reasons.....1 I enjoy doing it. 2 Saves a lot of money and I know it's done right and the last reason is SATISFACTION!!! It's just more rewarding to know that you did it all yourself

i do all my own installs so that i know the system like the back of my hand. why pay someone to do it when u can do it urself and save money. plus i get a little impatient waiting on others. (besides even if u dont know how to do it just about all new equipment comes with instructions....also thats what ur buddies at caraudio.com r for)

also i couldnt roll my ride with pride and show it off knowing someone else did the work

like they say...if u want it done right u gotta do it urself........(but nothing wrong with gettin help when needed)

i just like when people see my installs and ask "who did that for u and how much did u pay?" and i respond "i did it all-by-my-self...hehe"

I also do my own installations for the same reasons as all of you, cheap, learning experience and ofcourse the satisfaction. But I can understand if people would rather trust someone else to do it, just make sure you actually trust that person, and more often than not the really complicated electrical stuff isint that bad once you get the right look at it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BASSBOY

10+ year member
Beware Of The BBB
BASSBOY
Alix, Alberta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies