Second JL 12w7 broken?

Thunderwuss

I bought a second 12w7 on ebay and after pulling out my first I noticed that the my second 12w7 (which I bought used for $230 shipped) seems to be sunken in or more relaxed compared to my first 12w7. Does that mean that its just well broken in or does it mean its on its way out? here are some pics

This is the sub that I had already in my car

IMAG0132.jpg

This is the second sub that I bought used

IMAG0133.jpg

Here is a pic of both subs next to each other both at the same height and you can see that the used one on the left the cone is sunken in compared to my old one on the right.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

Well, my plan was to swap the used w7 into my car and use my w7, which is in better cosmetic condition, and make a home theater sub out of it. As long as it will be fine, I don't car, but if this is a sign that its not going to function properly I want to know so I can send it back (havent left feedback yet). I will be putting it into a sealed box powered by a 1000/1

That W7 is used, that's why. It doesn't hurt anything, in fact that W7 will take less power to reach maximum output since the suspension is worn in, the bass might sound a wee bit deeper and smoother too.

But do remember that ALL W7s will eventually develop cracks in their surround and won't be good anymore.

That W7 is used, that's why. It doesn't hurt anything, in fact that W7 will take less power to reach maximum output since the suspension is worn in, the bass might sound a wee bit deeper and smoother too.

But do remember that ALL W7s will eventually develop cracks in their surround and won't be good anymore.
Thanks for clearing that up. Although, for the surround, can't I just replace it?

lol, good luck replacing a the surround on a w7 jl are a bunch of d bags when it comes to things like that. there was another guy on here trying to get a surround fixed on a w7 and was having all kinds of problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.