Is anyone familiar with RE Audio SRi10 subwoofers?

porksoda
10+ year member

Dakota GOD!!!
nm
Well I saw these on sale and I am thinking of buying one for my daily driver build(1992 Oldsmobile 88).

Does this look like a pretty good subwoofer?

I really like the price! ($50 shipped!)

I dont want to shake windows with this system but I just want a little system.

Subwoofer:

RE Audio SRI10 10" Dual 2 ohm 300W SRi Car Subwoofer

Specs:

Subwoofer Features:
* 10" Dual 2 ohm SRi Series Subwoofer

* Power Handling:

RMS: 300 watts

* Impedance: Dual 2 ohm

* Kraft pulp woofer cone

* Rubatek foam surround

* Pressed steel basket

* FEA optimized motor structure

* Features

* Foam gasket

* 4-Layer copper voice coil

* Double stacked magnets

* Authorized Internet Dealer

* 1-year Manufacturer's warranty

SRX 10" T/S Parameters:

* Electrical Q Value (Qes): 0.39

* Mechanical Q Value (Qms): 5.5

* Total Speaker Q Value (Qts): 0.36

* Free Air Resonance (Fs): 25.3 Hz

* Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 31 liters

* One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax): 18 mm

* Efficiency (SPL 1W/1m): 85.3 dB SPL

* Effective Piston Area (Sd): 310 cm^2

* DC Resistance (Re): 1.8 ohm

* Nominal Impedance (Znom): Dual 2 ohm

* Thermal Power Handling (Pe): 300 W

* Force Factor (Bl): 14.35
Also what size of box would this go in? I cant find any specs on it.

Thank you all for the help in advance! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

interesting... this is listed as a different product than the SRX. I wonder what the "I" stands for. Maybe a special black friday promo item just renamed?

they are very impressive woofers as is all of re subwoofers in my opinion. we did one in 2.5 cubes at 32hz on a powerbass 1000.1 @ 2ohms and it got nasty. def the best bang for the buck no doubt.

Would this be any of a step up from an RE10? I see it has a bigger magnet and 18mm Xmax as compare to 12. Also, which would be louder, 4 of these sealed, or 2 ported in 1 cube @35hz?

Would this be any of a step up from an RE10? I see it has a bigger magnet and 18mm Xmax as compare to 12. Also, which would be louder, 4 of these sealed, or 2 ported in 1 cube @35hz?
tune lower for those, like 28-30hz @ 1.5 cubes, if you want any type of reasonable comparison.

and it depends on how much power you'd be giving them. there really isn't any straight answer to that question. if efficiency is your concern, go ported.

tune lower for those, like 28-30hz @ 1.5 cubes, if you want any type of reasonable comparison.
and it depends on how much power you'd be giving them. there really isn't any straight answer to that question. if efficiency is your concern, go ported.
Really doesn't seem to be any straight answers in car audio except for the obvious I guess haha. Ok, let's put it this way, all things equal, box and power, would there be much difference between the two? Or would getting a SE-X be the next logical step up? I would get the SEX but my lil' alternator won't be able to take 300 more watts.

Really doesn't seem to be any straight answers in car audio except for the obvious I guess haha. Ok, let's put it this way, all things equal, box and power, would there be much difference between the two? Or would getting a SE-X be the next logical step up? I would get the SEX but my lil' alternator won't be able to take 300 more watts.
Yes I realize you are asking a hypothetical question... but such a question simply won't work. For example, the optimal sealed box won't be the same size as the optimal ported box for the same driver. All things can't be equal. However, four sealed (usually for sound quality) subwoofers are a little gratuitous unless they specifically meet design requirements (you aren't going to go into that level of detail).

I haven't heard of too many people running four sub sealed. Hands down, go with ported. They will be more efficient ~Subwoofer Box Enclosure Design Calculator - Sealed Ported Bandpass Closed Vented on that site you can see the direct comparison in frequency response. The story it won't tell you is impedance, group delay, phase delay, etc. Transient response is said to be overall better for sealed enclosures but better around tuning frequency in ported enclosures. I've never had the time or resources to do any side-by-side comparisons but i've never noticed an audible difference in sound quality between two properly built ported/sealed subs.

I used to run four 12" of the origial AA Assassins(TC2+ motored)...really sounded great, but I was dumbass and sold them ~3 years ago and regret every minute of it. I actually plan on doing either a sealed or passive radiator setup next.

Also what size of box would this go in? I cant find any specs on it.

Thank you all for the help in advance! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Found this on the specifications tab.

Subwoofer Size 12"

Subwoofer Design Round / Circle

Main Cone Color Black

Voice Coil(s) Dual

Impedance (per voice coil) 2 ohms

Peak Power Handling N/A

RMS Power Handling 300 watts

Woofer Composition Kraft Pulp

Woofer Surround Rubber

Minimum Sealed Box Volume 0.35 cubic feet

Maximum Sealed Box Volume 0.5 cubic feet

Minimum Ported Box Volume 0.65 cubic feet

Maximum Ported Box Volume 1.0 cubic feet

Sensitivity N/A

Frequency Response N/A

Xmax (millimeters) 18 mm

Top Mount Depth 6"

Shallow Mount Installation No

Cutout Diameter 9-3/16"

Recommended Enclosure Type Ported / Vented

Sealed

Subwoofer Grille No

Re-Cone Kit Available No

The RE Audio site lists these specs for the REX line, 10"

Compact

sealed 0.35

ported 0.65@35Hz

Optimal

sealed 0.5

ported 1.0@35Hz

I just ordered one for 49.99 last night, price went up to 57.xx today.

Well I check my tracking number and it says my sub will be delivered tomorrow sometime so I will get pictures when it comes in.

Have you decided what kind of box to use? I think I want to try ported. Should probably email RE and see what they say about it.

I think I am gonna do a ported box. I am gonna get RAM_Designs to do it for me.

We have spoke a little about it already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.