Second Battery Questions

SBFandy
10+ year member

Hey guys whatsup.

I recently picked up a stinger spv 70 battery. Before attempt to install it I would like to know the Correct way of doing it. Any tips that you have for me are great! My stock battery isnt anything amazing if that means anything. Are relays a good option? LET ME KNOW! HELP ME OUT ! haha just want to do this right! thanks ! : ))

Hey guys whatsup. I recently picked up a stinger spv 70 battery. Before attempt to install it I would like to know the Correct way of doing it. Any tips that you have for me are great! My stock battery isnt anything amazing if that means anything. Are relays a good option? LET ME KNOW! HELP ME OUT ! haha just want to do this right! thanks ! : ))
just run your power wire from front battery to back battery. and back battery to the amp.

Example:

[front batt]+_________+[rear batt]+_________+{AMP}

also ground the rear batt to body of car/ chasis or whatever

just run your power wire from front battery to back battery. and back battery to the amp.

Example:

[front batt]+_________+[rear batt]+_________+{AMP}

also ground the rear batt to body of car/ chasis or whatever
Is that going to be harsh on my stock alternator?

it should be that bad on it honestly. i had 3 batts and a stock alt before and it did fine... Do you have the big 3 done?
It will be done yeah 

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Na bro your alternator will be fine, Just make sure you fuse the power wire 12in or less from each battery. make sure you secure it so it doesn't tip over
Thanks for the help man!

It will be done yeah 

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Thanks for the help man!
ok that will help with more current flow. and no your stock alt will be ok. what kind of amp do you have?

Connecting two different battery's specially diff ages of battery's or diff sizes isnt good for anything.....
ive done it..... never had a problem out of any batteries ive used being mismatched. no im not telling him to do this but ive had good luck with it as well as other people i know and on the forum. im not completely matching batts right now and the batts are fine and voltage stays above 13.7v at full tilt while im sitting at idle.

two alpine m1000 rms
hm... usually when you get more then 1000rms is when up grades get heavier. i would do the big 3, and get the 2nd battery in, run it and test voltage while playing and see where your at. your more and likely not going to get 1k from each after rise so you may be fine with the extra batt and big 3

hm... usually when you get more then 1000rms is when up grades get heavier. i would do the big 3, and get the 2nd battery in, run it and test voltage while playing and see where your at. your more and likely not going to get 1k from each after rise so you may be fine with the extra batt and big 3
Test my voltage for what? what would be an unsafe voltage?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.