Screw yuou guys!!!eff off

you can't put different amps on seperate voice coils, that WILL destroy your sub, and probably both amps, the big amp's pretty much the only choice unless you want to run the sub at less than what it's reccommended... you're welcome for savin yo stuff dude :p

lol problem at hand bro..im not gona thank you for saveing my ****..... iv done this with a single sub before but i had matching amps, and it worked great.... my big concern here was 1 ohm loads {wich iv never messed with } and seeing every ones opinion on how to aproach the 2 diffrent size amps thing... i got the response i figured id get, ... {how is it out of phase if theyre sharing the out put rateing and the signals are comeing from the same head unit? }

If you do this it's not going to be a matter of if you will destroy your sub, but it will be a matter of when. Using 2 amps matching or not is gonna *** with that sub signals aren't perfect and the same signall even from matching amps might not match at times, meaning your sub is going to become very confused and try to do things it shouldn't. It might work for a while but like I said its not a matter of if you will destroy it, its simply a when.

you dont have to belive me im not here to impress or prove myself lol, let me start off diffrently there folks.. my names deake. im from denver colorado, 26 years old and ride dirt bikes. good to meet you all

about the jl 1000/1 ...... no thanks buddy but thank you any way. i actualy found one of those on denver craigs list for 300 i belive. alos found a p1000/1db fosgate for 220......

found an older jl audio mono e1800D.... does any one know about this amp? specs claim it gives off roughly 600 watts at 4 ohms on 14.4 or 400 sumthin at 4 ohms on 12.2 volt?... meaning i couldd get great power out of a 4 ohm load right? {again only one sub} hate to be a bit of a cheapy but i love finding deals and building. this would mean i dont have to wire to 2 ohm, and can get a ton of sound from the 4 ohm set up right? not to mention i can snag it for 70 bucks. sound like a decent deal?

also thought id add, i picked up a alpine mrp=m450 for pritty much free yestarday and tryd it at 1 ohm..... did great for about 5 minutes then went in to protect hahaha. 1 ohm is loud... i like it. but still think i can get the same sound with enough wattage at 4 ohms.

well i got it, and it definatly did not disapoint......things pushin hard as hell and dont let up... im now in the market for another t112d2 ...... so i can wire it to 2 ohms.... sure ill blow the amp then...but ill find a better amp at that junction! gota say not bad for 70 bucks....in fact over the last 2 days of tradeing and buying amps at pawn shops in the area.... iv gone through 4 amps and made 5 bucks hahaha. found one that will work till i find another t1!

well i got it, and it definatly did not disapoint......things pushin hard as hell and dont let up... im now in the market for another t112d2 ...... so i can wire it to 2 ohms.... sure ill blow the amp then...but ill find a better amp at that junction! gota say not bad for 70 bucks....in fact over the last 2 days of tradeing and buying amps at pawn shops in the area.... iv gone through 4 amps and made 5 bucks hahaha. found one that will work till i find another t1!
Why would wiring an amp at 2 ohms with 2 subs blow it?

I HAVE to see a video of whatever you put in your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.