Screw it. Going big.

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
Well guys, I'm now an official member of Team GP. So in honor of that, the back seat is coming out. I'll be doing 4 Hannibal FX30 12s on the Alphard Audio Apocalypse 4800 Brazilian. Excited for what the season brings! Box will be 10 cubes net. Just gotta find the frequency my car peaks at and do some final design revisions and the build will be on the way! Oh yeah PS buy GP stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i always imagined if i would do a wall i would make a full panel and do a temporary wall before i tested for peak. maybe just one layer thick with 2x4 stringers just to make it solid screwed together. then i would just use one of the drivers in a sealed box to find the peak and design around that. I suspect the peak frequency will change depending on how much airspace is reduced by the change in cabin space making the tune want to be higher than trying to pressurize the non walled cabin.

i always imagined if i would do a wall i would make a full panel and do a temporary wall before i tested for peak. maybe just one layer thick with 2x4 stringers just to make it solid screwed together. then i would just use one of the drivers in a sealed box to find the peak and design around that. I suspect the peak frequency will change depending on how much airspace is reduced by the change in cabin space making the tune want to be higher than trying to pressurize the non walled cabin.
It's not a wall. But I'm going to get a general idea with the one woofer I have in there and tune a Little higher than that. I plan on making several boxes before I get it right.

frequency will change depending on how much airspace is reduced by the change in cabin space making the tune want to be higher than trying to pressurize the non walled cabin.
This is normally true but not always. Still it would be wise to make the box and port easily modified unless you have some extra money and really like making boxes. It'll get expensive.

The title doesn't seen accurate to those who haven't kept up with my other threads. I was originally planning a modest build for my Mazda and keeping things very small. But now that I will definitely be competing I've decided to remove the back seat. No walls Because I refuse to permanently modify this vehicle for the purpose of bass. I will eventually put even more powerful woofers in the place of the Hannibals, but I'm very happy with the quality of that woofer and it's what I can afford right now. I eventually would like to do 4 DB4 12s on about 24k but that's just plain out of my budget right now.

Well guys, I'm now an official member of Team GP. So in honor of that, the back seat is coming out. I'll be doing 4 Hannibal FX30 12s on the Alphard Audio Apocalypse 4800 Brazilian. Excited for what the season brings! Box will be 10 cubes net. Just gotta find the frequency my car peaks at and do some final design revisions and the build will be on the way! Oh yeah PS buy GP stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
do alphard mids (non neo) and super tweets too. They are actually pretty decent if you run active.

Also saw title and got excited, then got let down pretty hard.
It is also in a small hatchback... Lol. Don't think I could really do much more without tons of permanent mods. I may up the power. I'm pretty sure Alphard is replacing Hannibals with machete super sports and if that's the case I'll do the new DB2 series on like 8k. Idk yet

you can fit right about 6cf in the trunk with room for a lithium and 2 amps under in the spare tire spot.

idk about the fx30 but maybe going down to 3 woofers to stay in the trunk. i thought anything past the cargo area automatically goes into super street for dbdrag or m4 for meca... just saying you are getting into a whole new ball game by going into the back seat.

you can fit right about 6cf in the trunk with room for a lithium and 2 amps under in the spare tire spot.idk about the fx30 but maybe going down to 3 woofers to stay in the trunk. i thought anything past the cargo area automatically goes into super street for dbdrag or m4 for meca... just saying you are getting into a whole new ball game by going into the back seat.
It's a hatchback. I mean I suppose I could do 2 12s in the cargo area, but meh. I'm definitely going to be in the lanes, but it's meant to be more of a demo machine in my opinion. I want to throw up a good score but I care more about hairtricks and that lot than winning trophies all the time.

It's a hatchback. I mean I suppose I could do 2 12s in the cargo area, but meh. I'm definitely going to be in the lanes, but it's meant to be more of a demo machine in my opinion. I want to throw up a good score but I care more about hairtricks and that lot than winning trophies all the time.
Well if your competing what classes are you going to compete in? That’s going to be dependent on your cone area and power your using.. also how tall your box can be... have a few friends with two 12s in a trunk doing hair tricks for days

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.