Screw heads too big for rubber mounting gasket

KilluminatiDre
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Japan
So I'm wanting to mount my ZV3 15s with some Spax #10 screws but the screw heads are larger than the hole for the *rubber* mounting gasket. Would I be better off:

Just screwing them in and letting the screw heads sit on top of the gasket, which doesn't let me get as deep into the wood

Folding the gasket back screwing in through the bottom of the gasket and then folding the gasket back over the top of the screw head

Remove the gasket completely

I wouldn't advise putting screws on top and through it to the wood. I would leave the gasket on, peel it back then install the screws. I myself have used 1/4" allenhead bolts and matching t-nuts which are far better than screws. Gives it a cleaner look too. This is how my 15's are secured.

Looks like I'll be peeling the gasket back then. Thanks everyone.
i took mine off cause i had surround glue problems., makes it easier to see if surround comes loose.. i just put a piece of strip caulk on back of sub to seal it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.