school the new guy

Participant count
  • Participant list

tlipur

earth
Hello folks new guy here.

Ive ben eyeing some alpine products. Cd player amp and speakers.

Alpine has autherized sellers and there prices are higher. Amazon has there items at way lower prices.

Example pdx4 amp on amazon $319 every where else almost $400.

Inflation much?

Oh and the kicker where can one find a complete list of autherized alpine sellers?

Would like to shop around for the best prices.

Thanks

Amazon isn't an authorized dealer, therefore can not offer Warranties for the products that they're not technically supposed to be selling. (Leaving you stranded if you get a DOA, or have something catastrophic happen.) = Reason amazon is cheaper.

Not entirely true. The reason Amazon is cheaper is because they buy in giant quantities (a la Costco). Poster above me is right about Amazon not providing a warranty for their car audio products, though sometimes if you look at the merchant that is selling through Amazon (Audiosavings, for one), they actually are Authorized Cadence reps, so just be discretionary. If you have a few extra bucks to put out, just look at adding a SquareTrade warranty. Sometimes it's easier than dealing with a manufacturer's warranty.

Intresting. Looking to replace all the stock audio crap in my car. Looking to find other options than alpine. Im dead set on one of there head units CDE-HD137BT. Was looking at there spr 60c for the fronts.

Looking for 6.5 components up front and 6.5 in the back with a amp to power them.

Lots of reading to be done on the forums

Alpine still makes nice equipment, but there are many options today in your price range. Clarion, Kenwood, and Pioneer also have good head units and they support shops(at least I assume Kenwood has relationships with shops). I would encourage you to buy from a shop, either locally or online, because we care about your experience after the sale. You can't call up Amazon.com and get advice on how to tune your system, but vendors like myself are prepared to answer your questions or find the answers in a timely manner.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.