saz 3000D tuning help

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyoung87
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
hey i have a dd 3512 d2 playing on a SAZ 3000D just looking for some tips on what my adjustments should be at, i know my box is tuned to a 33hz, and its wired at 2ohm right now, and the saz at 2ohm puts out 1600 which i know is below the max for the DD but it could still blow it if i played it with everything maxed right? oh and i have a grad prix with a battery isolator and 2 batt's

my gain is about 3/4 subsonic is maxed at 60hz the LPF is about id say 1/4 or 40-50hz bass boost is about 3/4 prob 15dB and phase is 0

thanks in advance

I have no idea about the gain or bass boost, but the filters seem completely off. The subsonic filter is the frequency at which the amplifier stops its power(when frequencies are played under the filter cut off, the amp gives negligible power, if any).

And the low pass filter is the opposite.

With that logic(my logic... No idea if it's right), the subsonic should be set waaaaay lower, somewhere in the 20s. The low pass should be somewhere above 50, I would assume. I have no idea about DD in general.

I have no idea about the gain or bass boost, but the filters seem completely off. The subsonic filter is the frequency at which the amplifier stops its power(when frequencies are played under the filter cut off, the amp gives negligible power, if any).

With that logic(my logic... No idea if it's right), the subsonic should be set waaaaay lower, somewhere in the 20s. The low pass should be somewhere above 50, I would assume. I have no idea about DD in general.

thank you thats helpful i thought that the subsonic was freq's u cant hear but the sub would play so i thought u didnt want them at all, ill go and change that up and see how it sounds, thanks again

thats not really helpful at all
what pre out voltages are you running? anyway you can make your impedance higher on the sub? tuen the gain pretty darn low since you will kill that sub with that much power. low pass at about 80hz and i dont know much as sub sonic...

thats not really helpful at all
what pre out voltages are you running? anyway you can make your impedance higher on the sub? tuen the gain pretty darn low since you will kill that sub with that much power. low pass at about 80hz and i dont know much as sub sonic...

thank you thats helpful i thought that the subsonic was freq's u cant hear but the sub would play so i thought u didnt want them at all, ill go and change that up and see how it sounds, thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tyoung87

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
tyoung87
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date