Northeast Region Sanford Sound Maine NESPL June 9

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
    Participant count
  • Participants list
It's was a fun show. I had a good time. I think I'm going to put together a more competitive setup and give it another go in July.

It's was a fun show. I had a good time. I think I'm going to put together a more competitive setup and give it another go in July.
There is another show on the 30th I believe. What vehicle were you in? Totally skipped my mind that you were there. I was the guy with the black shirt and the afro lol

This one http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/548140-quarter-wave-rear-loading-horn-whos-tried.html
It was kind of funny, everyone was expecting something really crazy because the box is so big, But I got a 139 on 800w in a box that can play 20hz to 60hz. It honestly did better than I thought it would. Just wish i could have made it a even 140. Next time i'm just going to do a burp box on the full 3000W the subs can take and see what I can get out of it.
Yep I remember seeing that car. I was expecting some big numbers out of it cause I thought it was a huge 4th order lol. You should give a 4th a try, they get loud and sound great once you take the time to tune em. Mine is flat from 25-50 and gets very loud for a single 12. Comparing it to other setups I've heard that have been metered I would say it puts up close to a 140 (depending what frequency I do it at). I got my second obsidian in 2 days ago so I'll be building a big 4th order for them with a nice fatty kerf to help against any port noise, plus I got 2 batteries off of exo today so I'll be able to run my 2200 at .5 FTW

idk, i've still got the problem of small cones in a big airspace, but I think that a couple of 6th order bandpass boxes would be about the best that I could do with those drivers. They get stupid quiet as soon as they go into any sealed enclosure, they sound really fantastic sealed, but just not loud at all. I think that I could get a 155 with them though on proper power. I really should get something not so SQ oriented though, but thats not going to happen before july rolls around.

idk, i've still got the problem of small cones in a big airspace, but I think that a couple of 6th order bandpass boxes would be about the best that I could do with those drivers. They get stupid quiet as soon as they go into any sealed enclosure, they sound really fantastic sealed, but just not loud at all. I think that I could get a 155 with them though on proper power. I really should get something not so SQ oriented though, but thats not going to happen before july rolls around.
Oh, really? lol. jk

What subs are they? Are they the TC epics?

Nope, Revos Audiopulse RV10D2 REVO 10" DVC Subwoofer 2 Ohm 293-612
Basically an epic with the 3hp motor.

And yea I think that 155 is possible with them, on a burp, not in anything that could play music though.
I don't mean to burst your bubble but a 55 seems kinda far fetched on a pair of 10's...unless you turn the entire rear of your vehicle into a giant 4th lol. Not saying it's not possible but it wouldn't be easy at all.

ohh hell no it wouldn't be easy, but I like to aim high. We will see anyway what I can pull out of them in july. I've got a 300amp ford 3g alt to put into it, just need more amp, some mdf and a heel of a lot of time to tune the cabin.

ohh and keep in mind that i paid $1500 for that car, don't put the giant bandpass idea past me, i may just try that, lol.

ohh hell no it wouldn't be easy, but I like to aim high. We will see anyway what I can pull out of them in july. I've got a 300amp ford 3g alt to put into it, just need more amp, some mdf and a heel of a lot of time to tune the cabin.
If you don't already have some I would get some batts as well. A big alt is nice but if you don't have a battery bank to back it up when you go over that 300A limit your voltage is going to bomb and bomb hard

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.