same headunit different badge!

patrick1202
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
gallatin,TN
ok so me and my friend have the exact same hu the pioneer 5900ib.

well the problem is (not really a problem more like a situation) ok he bought his from his buddy which he got at electronic express then a week later i ordered mine off ebay. but whats weird is it is the exact same hu same settings same buttons same everything except the little badge on the face on his says premier but mine says pioneer wtf! is there a reason for this or something im jw i thought it was weird!

ya same here. My 880prs says Premier, but I saw it somewhere else and it said Pioneer. I think the difference is warranty...

They are different. Premier is Pioneer's "flagship" series. What you have is a Pioneer 5900ib. What your friend has is a Premier 590ib (Notice the lack of one zero). They are essentially the exact same product with the Premier's main benefit being a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year with the Pioneer. Speculation has said that Premier components are a bit more "hand-picked" as well, but that's if you choose to believe that, which I don't.

On the newest units (ie. Pioneer 6000UB vs. Premier 600UB) the face plate colors change. Where the 6000UB has silver, the 600UB has all black. Apart from that, the warranty is the only difference. Don't fret, you have the same unit.

ya same here. My 880prs says Premier, but I saw it somewhere else and it said Pioneer. I think the difference is warranty...
both are newer head units from this year!!
i thought premier was a total different line that from just normal pioneer! kinda like kenwood and excelon!
They are different. Premier is Pioneer's "flagship" series. What you have is a Pioneer 5900ib. What your friend has is a Premier 590ib (Notice the lack of one zero). They are essentially the exact same product with the Premier's main benefit being a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year with the Pioneer. Speculation has said that Premier components are a bit more "hand-picked" as well, but that's if you choose to believe that, which I don't.
On the newest units (ie. Pioneer 6000UB vs. Premier 600UB) the face plate colors change. Where the 6000UB has silver, the 600UB has all black. Apart from that, the warranty is the only difference. Don't fret, you have the same unit.

Premier is the upper tier of pioneer, they USED to offer different pre-out voltages from the pioneer line in the higher end IE: 8600mp had 5volt and 860mp had 6.5 v.

ah thanks i am not freting just curious if or what was the difference no problem!

that explains when i went to electronic express and asked for the ipod cord for the 5900ib the guy said you mean the 590ib i was like uhm sure i did not argue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.