SA E8 V2 Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigRooster
10+ year member

Bassheads Unite
Hey everyone I'm thinking about experimenting with a bazooka tube and a single 8 inch sundown audio e8 v2 series subwoofer, wired down to 2 ohms. I know this sub is rated at 200 RMS, but for a daily setup will it take 500 watts RMS ok? I'm gonna be running it with an alpine mrp-500 and that amp puts out 500 watts at 2 ohms. I love bazoooka tubes they are awesome for singlecab trucks i tried one with a ****** 8 and that amp turned down and it bumped like 2 10s i had in there haha moved some air too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I am actually ruining two of the e8's in a custom enclosure wired down to 2ohm and its killing those two subs on that same amp. Maybe in 4ohm bridged mode @ 300 if he doesn't push it but 250 in IMHO whoops the hell out these subs.

I am actually ruining two of the e8's in a custom enclosure wired down to 2ohm and its killing those two subs on that same amp. Maybe in 4ohm bridged mode @ 300 if he doesn't push it but 250 in IMHO whoops the hell out these subs.
unless the v.2's cant take what the v.1's did you are clipping.

well then these must be ****** subs because a ****** clarion sub took the 500 watts like a champ. so what amp would be sufficient for these? a cheaper good efficieant amp? like a 350 mono block from alipne?

Bass boost is turned all the way down, I have not been on this forum long but I have learned some basic things..where's my 5 buck :) Jk but seriously this amp does a decent job and my enclosure was built by double007 so idk may need to look more into it but from what I have it knocks these out.

No they sound great!! But I couldn't imagine pushing a whole lot more power on them that's all, I just don't see an e8 taking that much more abuse, we are talking about e8's right not sa 8?.. I do have a ported enclosure

Hey everyone I'm thinking about experimenting with a bazooka tube and a single 8 inch sundown audio e8 v2 series subwoofer, wired down to 2 ohms. I know this sub is rated at 200 RMS, but for a daily setup will it take 500 watts RMS ok? I'm gonna be running it with an alpine mrp-500 and that amp puts out 500 watts at 2 ohms. I love bazoooka tubes they are awesome for singlecab trucks i tried one with a ****** 8 and that amp turned down and it bumped like 2 10s i had in there haha moved some air too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
The e8 v3's on pre-order now will do great on that power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.