SA, DD, RE, or FI???

loudlittlefvkus
10+ year member

Michigan
alright, so after learning a lot about car audio and how to build boxes the right way and all, to the subwoofers specs, i'm looking to replace the Kickers i have right now.

i currently have a 1000/1 jl audio slash v2 amp, and i was looking into buying any of the following:

Sundown audio sa series

Digital Designs 1500 series

FI SSD12

and i wasnt really sure about the RE audio..

what do you think would be the best? i was planning on using WinISD to build a ported box, and i'm really looking for that bass that punches you in the chest. Im also looking to keep it around 500 or less on the subs, would i be better off buying one higher quality line, or 2 lower quality line subs, like for instance 2 sa 12's or one sundown audio Z v.3?

thanks for any input and suggestions

alright, so after learning a lot about car audio and how to build boxes the right way and all, to the subwoofers specs, i'm looking to replace the Kickers i have right now. i currently have a 1000/1 jl audio slash v2 amp, and i was looking into buying any of the following:

Sundown audio sa series

Digital Designs 1500 series

FI SSD12

and i wasnt really sure about the RE audio..

what do you think would be the best? i was planning on using WinISD to build a ported box, and i'm really looking for that bass that punches you in the chest. Im also looking to keep it around 500 or less on the subs, would i be better off buying one higher quality line, or 2 lower quality line subs, like for instance 2 sa 12's or one sundown audio Z v.3?

thanks for any input and suggestions
Goals?

and also look into the Audioque Hdc3 Line

I'm looking for mostly SPL, but i would be willing to give up a little volume for some quality. i mean im not going to like SPL contests or anything, but if i can make the car next to me shake ill be happy, haha

Are you going to keep the amp you have?

I'd probably go with 2 lower power subs over a single as long as you have the space for a proper box.

And i was leaning towards Sundown, because i have heard most about them, and always good things about them. but if someone could convince me otherwise, im not dead set, as ive never heard any of them. and i was hoping to keep it around 400$, but i can go higher

Im in howell, not too far away. i kind of narrowed it down, i'm deciding between the sundown audio Sa 12, or the FI SSD 12. the FI SSD is 1000 watts RMS, which is what my amp puts out, so im almost leaning towards just getting one of those and saving the 200$.. or do you think 2 of the sundowns or even 2 of the FI's will be a lot louder, still with the 1000 watts Rms from my amp...

If you listen to really low music stay away from the DD's, you CAN force them to play low, but they really don't like it at all.

A pair of SA-12's would be my choice if you have room for an above average sized box since you're underpowering them.

2 SA-12's with about 2.5 to 3 cubic feet each tuned to 34-36hz sound good? for the box, since i have a hatchback i was going to put the vent and the subs both facing up, moving the second port wall, so instead of being an "L" it would.. kind of be like "l|" if that makes sense. bad explanation, but does that box with the tuning and everything sound alright? or should i go a little lower, i listen to kind of a wide variaty of music, rap, rock, metal, "screamo". and one more question. i was going to fiberglass the inside of the box, and try to do 45's on all the corners. should i stuff the box at all though since im under powering the subs a little bit?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

and a double baffle, of course

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

loudlittlefvkus

10+ year member
loudlittlefvkus
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from