SA-8v2 Enclosure Build Log

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kastlez_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
Not much of a log but I took some pictures along the way.

I will say this sounds great and the low end really surprised me a single 8" setup. After a little break in I'll hook up the Digital Designs DD-C2a bridged @2ohms. Shout out to John23a for the design help.

Enclosure is .7 @33hz

Onto the pics:

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

dang that thing looks bigger that .7, lookin good tho man how does she sound
Yeah, I had to make the enclosure longer to fit the port length I wanted. Minus the port and displacements it's .7 net

Initial thought is that it sounds very musical and has a nice flat response.

When I get more listening time and more power I'll update you

Looks great, what did you use for the final coat of paint? Depending on the vehicle, that should be able to play near flat around 26-27hz to up the mid to upper 50s. They are great woofers for the size, I am definitely a fan after seeing one perform on the meter in a similar box. What kind of power are you giving it?

ok cool man im looking to get a couple of these beasts, and put them in a really low tuned box
You won't regret it the low end really shines with these. Just stick to the recommended airspace and tuning .6-.75 @ 30-35hz

Looks great, what did you use for the final coat of paint? Depending on the vehicle, that should be able to play near flat around 26-27hz to up the mid to upper 50s. They are great woofers for the size, I am definitely a fan after seeing one perform on the meter in a similar box. What kind of power are you giving it?
I haven't pushed it to hard yet but by playing a variety of music I can tell it's very musical. The low end has definitely surprised me for being a 8" setup.

Digital Designs C2a is the amp bridged @ 2Ohm and the paint is Rustoleum copper metallic spray paint.

Looking good !
Thanks! I'm loving the sub.

You're going to have an email from me within the next day or so about a decal to put on the enclosure.

I'm going to criticize, I think you should've run the port along the back wall. Looks like you could've made it with 2-3 turns instead of 5.
I agree, there were a couple of different options but this is what I ended up with and so far I am satisfied.

I did add corner trim for 45's in the port to help airflow just not pictured in thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.