SA-8 vs. 1508???

Also... I need to send Tommy an E8 v.2 to test... BL^2/RE wise it is more comparable to a 1508. It has a smaller coil than the 1508 / SA-8, though, so won't handle the long term abuse. I'd love to see Tommy do a round-up of all the bad boy 8s out there - more data for me to improve anything where needed and see how the design principles mentioned above stack up vs. his testing.

I'll throw the E8 v.2 specs out there as well :

D4

RE: 6.12 ohms

Fs: 44.7 Hz

Qes: 0.5456

Qms: 3.6545

Qts: 0.4748

Le: 4.02 mH

Vas: 7.26 L

BL: 17.45 NA

Cms: 131 uM/N

Mms: 96 grams

Sens: 82.59 1w/1m

Xmax: 10.5mm one-way linear

Power: 200 RMS

BL^2/RE: 49.75

do you have a release date for the new sa8? curious if i replace my baffle in my peon how would a pair do in a 1.1cf net with 32sq" of port? just a thought.

i got a wicked 1 ready for my other car but got soo many other things going on. hell i have a polished ss exaust sitting there waiting to go that car too.

sundownz, i appreciate how you do business. Instead of telling people who wreck the woofers to turn it down, you just build the subs UP.

Good way to go about it to ensure everyone can use the woofers from daily to crazy!

do you have a release date for the new sa8? curious if i replace my baffle in my peon how would a pair do in a 1.1cf net with 32sq" of port? just a thought.
i got a wicked 1 ready for my other car but got soo many other things going on. hell i have a polished ss exaust sitting there waiting to go that car too.
Next production run will probably be in around end of June to early July -- these will include the bolted down spiders.

1.1 cubes is great for two.

Still working on the new surround... I'm currently using the best one available but we have been trying to get something even stronger.

the e8v.1 used a really tall surrond but wasnt nearly as thick or stiff as the sa8 surrond. custom tooling a new surrond for a limited production sub wouldnt be worth it unless several co's went in on tooling cost. just please no rubber surrond, hate that sh!t...

the e8v.1 used a really tall surrond but wasnt nearly as thick or stiff as the sa8 surrond. custom tooling a new surrond for a limited production sub wouldnt be worth it unless several co's went in on tooling cost. just please no rubber surrond, hate that sh!t...
Yah, the E8 v.1 surround would blow out under the conditions these are going in.

I may actually spring for the tooling if the new one I'm about to test isn't good enough for me... the build house is telling me it's awesome so I'll see when I get my hands on it.

Also... I need to send Tommy an E8 v.2 to test... BL^2/RE wise it is more comparable to a 1508. It has a smaller coil than the 1508 / SA-8, though, so won't handle the long term abuse. I'd love to see Tommy do a round-up of all the bad boy 8s out there - more data for me to improve anything where needed and see how the design principles mentioned above stack up vs. his testing.
I'll throw the E8 v.2 specs out there as well :

D4

RE: 6.12 ohms

Fs: 44.7 Hz

Qes: 0.5456

Qms: 3.6545

Qts: 0.4748

Le: 4.02 mH

Vas: 7.26 L

BL: 17.45 NA

Cms: 131 uM/N

Mms: 96 grams

Sens: 82.59 1w/1m

Xmax: 10.5mm one-way linear

Power: 200 RMS

BL^2/RE: 49.75
You have my address. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also, I was interested to see if you could somehow beef up the suspension on an SA-8. Maybe add a couple spiders for testing purposes. Wouldn't do much good for daily installs, but perhaps it could help the burp score. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Screwed down spiders will be a great improvement as well. I ripped up the spider landing on one of the 8's, even with your extra glue. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I threw a ton of goop on it and it seems to be holding ok. You need to grind those baskets down to bare metal!

I'll have to get with my buddy alex soon as he has some 1508's that I could test.

is there glue over paint? 50 grit the basket and sand the contact part of the spider should help.
This is something I would have done but it's impossible to get any sandpaper in there to sand the powdercoating off so I had to glue it again and hope for the best. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Will these guys bottom out or will the spider tear first? Ive been wanging mine pretty good but Im not sure just how far to take them. Also Have some reoconed e8s and im wondering when/where I should worry about the leads breaking

Will these guys bottom out or will the spider tear first? Ive been wanging mine pretty good but Im not sure just how far to take them. Also Have some reoconed e8s and im wondering when/where I should worry about the leads breaking
Most likely they will bottom out first.

Its loud when it does it too, so you'll know right away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Most likely they will bottom out first.
Its loud when it does it too, so you'll know right away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Then how the fsk do you tear them? They started to bottom just a tid bit I think but I backed off the sub levels on the crossover and its all good. Ive heard a sub bottom before but it had a plastic coil center. Im not a fan of trashing these bad boys. Reconing blows.

Then how the fsk do you tear them? They started to bottom just a tid bit I think but I backed off the sub levels on the crossover and its all good. Ive heard a sub bottom before but it had a plastic coil center. Im not a fan of trashing these bad boys. Reconing blows.
Who said you could tear the spiders?

You can rip the plastic LANDING up, if thats what you are referring to. But that's only because the glue joint isn't very good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

O.G. D-Wet

10+ year member
[]D [] []v[] []D
O.G. D-Wet
Maple Shade, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date