Sa-12 Speaker Wire Gauge Question

Really? One 10' speaker run from 12 ga. to 8 ga. costs the same as better amps, speakers, and subs? I ain't buying what you're selling. Literally, maybe, a $2 difference. He's not mass producing car audio systems where you would actually feel a price increase on a particular wire. We are talking one little run to a sub. I'm running 8 ga. to my sub, literally four feet long. Not a big deal! Nice try though! SNL skit ****! 😂
This is what I thought right away hahaha idk where the **** this dude buya his wire from but if the price difference form the 2 wire sizes is big enough to upgrade all that ****, then he needs to find a new place to buy his wire. And yes wire size most certainly does make a difference Are you ******* kidding me? Check this out, i have 2, RFt800.4s running 14 RF pro audio mids. The terminals can only accept like 16 or 18 ga. Super small ( like these audio bullies cock’s) so I talked to one of my homeboys that works at rockford and is a engineer there and I told him I was thinking about getting rid of all the pps4 speakers and Going with something else. He said to wire everything with 10 gauge so I called up the boys at sky high and they fired me over 300 ft of ofc12ga wire in 3 different colors. One color for each different size. (1.5,6,8) now it wasn’t 10 ga but it’s basass pure copper wire.ok so the terminals would only accept the small wire so I took a Bunch of terminals off some blown out fosgste subs I had in the garage and replace the tiny dick terminals that come on the speakers with the subwoofer terminals and pulled all new wire thru the whole tahoe and all 4 doors snd what do ya know ..... the mother fucker gets it now, way loude. So much thst I did the same on my 2500hd work truck. So for it not to make a difference on 30,000 watts yeah idk about all that, anouther thing, why are you all ganging up on this guy for suggesting he runs 8 ga? It’s not thst big of a deal. Now ganging up on him and calling hi names saying he is mental and needs meds now that’s just being a shitty person. I’m tired of this **** **** all of you negative computer key board bullies. You all remind me of a bunch of primered mini truck driving d bags . Probsly all wearing grey dickie shorts and black shirt and hats with big sunglasses on Who are always walking around at shows just bashing and **** talking on everyones shot in the show but yet drive a hack job that’s always being “built” but never happens

This is what I thought right away hahaha idk where the **** this dude buya his wire from but if the price difference form the 2 wire sizes is big enough to upgrade all that ****, then he needs to find a new place to buy his wire. And yes wire size most certainly does make a difference Are you ******* kidding me? Check this out, i have 2, RFt800.4s running 14 RF pro audio mids. The terminals can only accept like 16 or 18 ga. Super small ( like these audio bullies cock’s) so I talked to one of my homeboys that works at rockford and is a engineer there and I told him I was thinking about getting rid of all the pps4 speakers and Going with something else. He said to wire everything with 10 gauge so I called up the boys at sky high and they fired me over 300 ft of ofc12ga wire in 3 different colors. One color for each different size. (1.5,6,8) now it wasn’t 10 ga but it’s basass pure copper wire.ok so the terminals would only accept the small wire so I took a Bunch of terminals off some blown out fosgste subs I had in the garage and replace the tiny dick terminals that come on the speakers with the subwoofer terminals and pulled all new wire thru the whole tahoe and all 4 doors snd what do ya know ..... the mother fucker gets it now, way loude. So much thst I did the same on my 2500hd work truck. So for it not to make a difference on 30,000 watts yeah idk about all that, anouther thing, why are you all ganging up on this guy for suggesting he runs 8 ga? It’s not thst big of a deal. Now ganging up on him and calling hi names saying he is mental and needs meds now that’s just being a shitty person. I’m tired of this **** **** all of you negative computer key board bullies. You all remind me of a bunch of primered mini truck driving d bags . Probsly all wearing grey dickie shorts and black shirt and hats with big sunglasses on Who are always walking around at shows just bashing and **** talking on everyones shot in the show but yet drive a hack job that’s always being “built” but never happens
You are every bit as retarded as he is lmao. Quite possibly 10x more.

Fake news

Dude comes on here to complain about **** talkers and all he does is **** talk 😂😂😂😂

TRIGGERED!
Bro, seriously you must have smoked yourself retarded. Only reason I said anything once again... Was because I am sick of you guys bullying anybody that has an opinion that differs from one of yours. You guys remind me of the fat kid is school who is a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier then the rest of the kids his age so he picks on everyone because people are scared of him because he's big and barks loud. I honestly never even visit this site because of the negativity that surrounds almost every post. The admin needs to pay attention and clean house. Everyone here is a fan of car audio, there for we all share a common ground and should be cool with one another and offer advice and personal opinions with out some one belittling them for what they think is wrong. There are plenty of different ways to set up a system. I've been ******* with it for 21 years now and still come across different cool ideas on how to do ****. I run 8 ga. Pure copper wire to all of my subwoofers. They even have 8 ga. Leads coming out of then. So if the wire size doesn't matter then why are the top speaker builders running big ass leads from the terminal to the voice cool. I've even seem some subs coming with 4 ga. Terminals. So if it makes no difference then why are they doing it?? Because they want more juice to the motor. You can never have to big of a wire. It you sure can have to small which can cause damage to the coil. So you guys want to bash on people and talk trash atleast know what the **** it is your talking about. If any of you are in Az feel free to message me and i can show you first hand.

P
8 gauge for a single SA 12 is wayyy overkill. Terminals wont even fit 8 gauge. 12 gauge is plenty. I run 12 gauge to my subs with 6k rms clamped.
0ō0
another chunk of useless text no one will ever read because none of us speak retard.
You might not read it because you're too big of a ******* retard to read I'm sure by how dumb your opinions are on stuff. Bro it's okay to be wrong every once in awhile I was wrong once back in 91. I can't already tell you're the kind of guy that has no real friends nobody's probably got your back. You're the dude that when you come around people are like oh **** look who it is we have to act like we like this guy. Just drop the ******** attitude man you'll get a lot further in life I promise you!

There's a little history with 2 names really doesn't have much at all to do with this thread at all.
I'm working I don't have time to search around but I believe sundown unofficial did a video on this particular topic a year or 2 ago. What size wire to use or does wire size matter something like that. Idk maybe find it watch it anyone with doubts can make their own conclusions.
I'm using 12 guage on my little set up. Similar to ops power. See no need to run 8 guage. Nor could i easily wire it without some sorta reducer for what in audible gain

Oh btw stop bullying the so called bullies. Wtf some kinda mighty mouse wanna be?Here he comes to save the day.

I have nothing against Bobbytwonames and think he’s actually a pretty cool dude. His bug build is pretty cool but I think he gave up the dsp too early. I tweak my dsp daily and it keeps getting better.
I will say that it is very hard to read a huge response with no paragraph breaks or periods or basic punctuation.
I am all for people running what they want but 8 gauge is so excessive in this build that I found it funny.

3 page thread for what?
I pass 1.5K thru my 12g and 3K more or less thru my 8ga single conductors as mandated by Usaci clamp classes.
If I could slide by comfortably with 12g all the way I would but probing the wires gets sketchy utilizing 12g. A nice 8ga conductor is not necessary for current but makes my life easier, conforms to rules and looks better.
12ga sub wire?
Jeez... there's a thread?

I guess if going to a audio site claiming you've been into it since the ground floor (kind of a stretch)being all cocky about it.
Getting pissed off over constructive criticism. Constantly complaining about the site. If all that makes ya cool then he's one of the coolest dudes out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.