Running Tweets off the H/U

Participant count
  • Participant list

Depression
10+ year member

ISSUES
In my set up I have the RCA outputs of my Pioneer 9400 on components and sub..1 H/U speaker output on Polk 4X6 in dash..Can I..or should I utilize the other Speaker outputs of the H/U on tweets? I figure since I got 25X2 watts just wasting away out of the H/U.... I should try and use them...What about powering tweets in the upper door panels or something?

What if I power 4" components off the H/U..will this distort the REAL components that are amp powered in the doors.

Basically how can I utilize the H/U built in power seperate from my amps jobs..AND NO..........NO REAR FILL FOR ME..The locations are a nightmare to get to!!

O.K you have 2 speaks in the dash powered by your H/U.

You have 1 speaker in each door running off an amp.

where are you going to put the 4" comps or the tweets.

Don't even worry about the HU power. 1st off, even if it's *rated* 25w, you'll probably never see more than 10-15w out of it. 2nd, it will be very very hard to get all these different speakers receiving different amounts of power level match well.

There's a reason why some HU's are "deadhead" (no internal amp). Because once you start running everything from external amps, the HU's power is no longer needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.