Running speakers off amp and headunit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

gmpisawresome

I just ordered Morel Maximo 6.5 component speakers as well as a Kenwood kac-304. The amp can out out 50w x 4 @ 4 ohm, and the morel's require 90w rms @ 4 ohm. I have two Rockford r165's in the backseat (its a coupe so its unlikely anyone I care about will be hearing them LOL). My amp can do 150w x 2 @ 4 ohm when bridged though, so my question is would it be wise to run the amp solely for the morels and power the Rockford's off the headunits (ddx9903s) speaker outputs? Can these outputs be bridged as well?

I just ordered Morel Maximo 6.5 component speakers as well as a Kenwood kac-304. The amp can out out 50w x 4 @ 4 ohm, and the morel's require 90w rms @ 4 ohm. I have two Rockford r165's in the backseat (its a coupe so its unlikely anyone I care about will be hearing them LOL). My amp can do 150w x 2 @ 4 ohm when bridged though, so my question is would it be wise to run the amp solely for the morels and power the Rockford's off the headunits (ddx9903s) speaker outputs? Can these outputs be bridged as well?
run the fronts off the amp bridged and hook the rears up to the deck, not bridged. Fade the rears out entireley and slowly mix them back in if you like, but most good sounding systems run on fronts only

run the fronts off the amp bridged and hook the rears up to the deck, not bridged. Fade the rears out entireley and slowly mix them back in if you like, but most good sounding systems run on fronts only
Actually, I do have one more question..... The stated rms for the morels were 90w RMS, but it says that on the rear of the subwoofer. Does this 90w include the tweeter? Just curious about this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.