running PPI PC250 to stock fronts

stay away from any component sets that are produced by SPL companies please... they have no idea what they are doing lmao. If you do go with them, go with their Pro audio lineup, thats where they are good at.
As for tweeters, you can use 1 inch pvc endcaps and screw it into anywhere you want in your car. Or buy tweeters that have mounting hardware like my massive ct-2s, pair it with some prv 200s. This would be a much superior setup than those soundqubed comps by far. The massive ct-2s come with mounting gear and crossover, plenty of members on here that tried them love em. The prvs are loud for the money and sound pretty smooth. About 20 dolalrs more than what you'd pay for the soundqubed but well worth. When you do upgrade your head unit to an active capable one, your SQ will jump dramatically as well. If you can splurge then go for crescendo pwx mids, they have a bit more midbass capabilities then the prv.

https://www.amazon.com/Massive-Audio-CT2-Tweeter-Crossovers/dp/B00NBC25UM

https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mb200-4-6-1-2-midbass-woofer-4-ohm--294-2703

crossover for the prv.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-25k-lpf-4-low-pass-speaker-crossover-2500-hz-12-db-octave--260-1864
got the tweets on sunday, and HOLY COW!!! i havent hooked them up yet, but theyre hefty!!

oh, and wouldnt i want the 8 ohm prv since im not going active for the moment?

got the tweets on sunday, and HOLY COW!!! i havent hooked them up yet, but theyre hefty!!
oh, and wouldnt i want the 8 ohm prv since im not going active for the moment?
you never want 8 ohm anything unless you are doing multiples, you got people saying the sensitivity makes up for the 8 ohm etc... thats all bullsh*t 8 ohm is significantly less loud than 4 ohm drivers on the same power no matter how efficient they claim. your amp can handle a 2 ohm load right?

Those tweeters arent that hefty. You should see some of the 4 iinch tweeters lol. But size doesnt determine quality.

sony, infinity, harmon, mark levinson, bose, krell, fender, bang & olufsen(full DSP setup fking ridiculous), burmester, revel, naim, meridian and some inhouse designed by some well known engineers. they are unknown to you but in the home audio world a lot of those are elite, the weird named ones you never heard of.
The setups can get pretty fking ridiculous with over 1200 rms total for mids and highs with 12 channels of amplification plus 800 rms sub. full blown dsp inside the car full tuned crossover and time aligned with speaker's parameters chosen to be matched down to the car's acoustics aka interior and fabrics. some also have subs that play below 30hz strong as well. Its beyond ridiculous whats out there nowadays.

Even the base bose and sony models are decent as well.
My Sony “premium” package sounds pretty **** good, center channel and 8” sub... the sub sounds pretty **** good with rap/hip hop, but you ain’t getting no bump from a bass drum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm. man Ive got some really wild experiences from drinking.Being a type 2 Diabetic now.. thats not in my category any longer. As fit as I am and the exercise I get daily and now im a type 2??
I hear you man, I’m fit as hell, Crossfit and traditional lifting, and I’m a mover. I took my blood pressure the a couple months back and it was absurdly high when it’s been 120/80 for 5 years since I’ve got my **** together... I took it as an insult and made some adjustments and got it back right most of the time. Admittedly I was taking a little extra testosterone for a little too long.

I deff dont need to loose weight.Im 5-11 and keep between 172-176 TBI of 24.Ill check that out for sure though
Keto is the truth man... plain and simple. Not hard to adjust to, PLENTY of tasty food with the right (cajun) seasoning. You don’t “have” to have your carb intake as low as the hardcore value, just find a good, low, range for you and eat until you’re full.

That’s the **** human beings were designed to eat, removes inflammation and a hundred other good things.

Eat cheese daily and Peanut Butter,and Ice cream for desert:yumyum:es pastas and white breads for sure gain some weight pretty quick..How about those Big Macs and Quarter Pounders??One a day will get r done LOL..Im on a Bow Flex Extreme prob like 3 days a week..I had some stitches that were left in my Knee that caused my pancreas to shut down and created a serious infection in my knee area and my leg that I couldnt handle the pain any longer and saw a buldge on the side of my knee in like 3days the size of a grape fruit, and had an emergency surgery done this past Jan/Feb that i almost had an amputation done. It was a 50-50 shot,and it worked with an IV meds I had do at home for 12 weeks on crutches and blood clot shots daily..Not all gone but still working on it.The diet is still working fine..But still tweeking the Meds atm.Im sure thats a quarterly thing with doing my blood work
I had full blown acute pancreatitis 10 years ago (it was from eating meth for about 15 years to be honest) I had two 32 ounce cysts attached to my pancreas, the blood clots, and 29 stones in my gall bladder (I still have the stones, you could probably smoke them and stay up for a week [emoji23])

I was in hospital for 6 weeks, and they finally sent me home with the IV antibiotics and the shots in the stomach blood thinner.

I still went back to eating dope 3 months later, but then got another charge, and I was with my wife, I did that little time, and I will NEVER EVER DO **** to be separated from my wife again (they wanted to hit me with 35 if I fucked up again)

I’ve been clean 7.5 years.

Own a moving company and tanning salon now, still do the moving myself.[emoji12][emoji1306]

Last edited by a moderator:
you never want 8 ohm anything unless you are doing multiples, you got people saying the sensitivity makes up for the 8 ohm etc... thats all bullsh*t 8 ohm is significantly less loud than 4 ohm drivers on the same power no matter how efficient they claim. your amp can handle a 2 ohm load right?
Those tweeters arent that hefty. You should see some of the 4 iinch tweeters lol. But size doesnt determine quality.
yeah, its a PPI PC250 thatll be running the front stage for now, so itll do 2 ohm per channel just fine. I had it running the Rockford P3 sub for a bit until i got that PC275.

the tweeter just feels heavier than it looks is what i meant by beefy. Cant wait to get all the other stuff and put it all in

ok, so since its stupid cold here where i live and i got the PRV drivers for xmas, i decided to throw them in the B&W bookshelves that have a blown pair of drivers in them. Well, i should say "had" instead of "have" as those prv drivers are now in those enclosures. Nice thing is that the drivers that came out of them originally are also 4 ohm, so no issues there. Funny thing is that i have a perfectly functional pair of the same B&Ws that i replaced the blown ones with, so i can side by side compare them. MAN!!! Those PRV's are pretty darn rockin for the price! They get MUCH louder than the stock B&Ws! And remain very clear also took every watt my Denon had to throw at them with ease

ok, so since its stupid cold here where i live and i got the PRV drivers for xmas, i decided to throw them in the B&W bookshelves that have a blown pair of drivers in them. Well, i should say "had" instead of "have" as those prv drivers are now in those enclosures. Nice thing is that the drivers that came out of them originally are also 4 ohm, so no issues there. Funny thing is that i have a perfectly functional pair of the same B&Ws that i replaced the blown ones with, so i can side by side compare them. MAN!!! Those PRV's are pretty darn rockin for the price! They get MUCH louder than the stock B&Ws! And remain very clear also took every watt my Denon had to throw at them with ease
yeah dude, just wait till you have real power on them, they become a completely different monster alltogether.

any tips on fishing the speaker wire thru that rubber boot thingy between the door and the car itself?
depends on the car. Some you can just shove the wire in there and reach in with your fingers and pull it out, some you can remove the grommit and whole rubber assembly completely, some you'll just have to make an incision to fish it through.

You can also grab a coat hangler, tape some wire through and use that to push it over as well if there's a lot of room but its hard to fish over.

depends on the car. Some you can just shove the wire in there and reach in with your fingers and pull it out, some you can remove the grommit and whole rubber assembly completely, some you'll just have to make an incision to fish it through.

You can also grab a coat hangler, tape some wire through and use that to push it over as well if there's a lot of room but its hard to fish over.
yeah, the rubber boot looks to be pretty thin. Slice and dice might end up being what i do. Thankfully i have some time to think about it as the high here today is 3

lol 3?! As in 3 degrees....and here I am bitching about 28 degrees. I'd move fawk that 3 degree weather BS!!
I wish im in 3 degrees. Its literally fking springtime weather already in California. 75 fking degrees at 10:32 pm WTF IS THIS BULLSH*T!!! I want my winter goddamit!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.