running kicker 750.1 at 1 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

CntInjaDisNinja
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey my insurance company just sent all my replacement stuff for my stuff that got robbed. they sent me a kicker 750.1 and two JL W3's dual 4 ohm. The kicker is rated at 750 rms at 2 ohm and I can only wire a 4 and 1 ohm. I was planning on running them at 1 ohm and taking it easy with the gains, do you guys think this will be safe? I would hate to fry my amp. ALso its a mono amp and I have never heard of a mono amp that isent 1 ohm stable??

I wouldn't do it. I've had a few ZX750's and still have one right now. Great amps, but I wouldn't risk damaging it. I'm sure you can find someone on here that has a 1ohm stable amp that they would trade you for it if your not looking to spend any money. Otherwise you can pick up a 1ohm stable amp that puts out enough power for what you looking for for decently cheap. My .02

Yea I might try it at 4 ohm and see how it sounds. If it dosent bump ill put it at one 1 ohm and tune the gains accordingly. oh yea im one semester away from being en elctrical engineer so I know how to caluclate power with gain control, ill let you know how it goes

what is the power rating on those subs? you could always get another 750.1 and run two amps two subs, but i'm not familiar with w3's so i don't know if they'd handle that much power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.