running components off of deck

97acuratl
10+ year member

Im trying to plan my system out and im lookin for some info with my setup. basically im goin to put in some phoenix gold qx components in the front and some cheaper 6X9's for the back.

I dont think i can afford to get an amp right now so im wondering if the clarion deck that has 18rms per chanel will sound decent for the time being on those speakers. im not into crazy loud but im just concerned if it would be enough power for the speakers. Like would they distort at lower volumes or anything like that?

Thanks for any help!

a friend of mine is powering his comps with his hu untill he gets an amp... its ok, dont worry about it, although id suggest u ditch the 6x9s and use the money u save on that for an amp later on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.