Running Amp Wires Through a 2000 Buick Park Ave

Participant count
  • Participant list

skillet19904

I need help running the power wires and the RCA wires through my Buick. I've done other cars but in my Buick everything seems sealed off really well. First where would be the best location to run the power wire through the firewall. Second how would I run the RCA and remote wire behind the head unit. Behind the head unit seems sealed off.

I have a '99 Park Ave and I had the same problems. There is room to the right side of the HU opening but getting cables out of the dash will require taking the glove box out and following the factory wiring over to the passenger side somewhere. I never got that far, and instead I cut a slot in the bottom of the instrument panel with a Dremmel tool (not easy either, the dash is steel). Tucked the cables under the carpet (use skinny cables so the bumps hide). You can't follow the factory wiring channel unless you take the passenger seat out (ugh). I couldn't find a spot to run the power cable through the firewall (I don't have a lift) so instead I ran it under the car through flexible conduit and came up under the rear seat - there was a hole there already plugged with a plastic hole plug. Once you get to the rear seat getting to the trunk is easy.

I think I spent an entire day just running wires. These cars are tight.

If you're handy with a drill and can find a descent spot clear of anything on both sides of the firewall, just drill a hole... I've set up system's for peeps who didn't want any holes drilled for whatever reason they justified in their minds and were dead set on (Even though there are already MANY holes in any car's firewall to begin with) and in those cases I would run it through one of the rubber boots in the firewall by simply poking a hole and pushing the wire through so it's a tight sealed up up fit...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.