run .5 or 1 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joe562MMA
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a bc 5500 an im gonna be replacing my current speakers with xfl 15s but i wanted to get some input on what ohm load to get b4 i buy them, im running my current subs at .5 but i have the option to purchase either d2 or d4 15s of xfls..

box is 13 cubes tuned to 35hz

i was gonna just go .5 but some people say 1 ohm is a lil better sounding any input?

i have 4 400mr cnds an 240 amp alt

i have a bc 5500 an im gonna be replacing my current speakers with xfl 15s but i wanted to get some input on what ohm load to get b4 i buy them, im running my current subs at .5 but i have the option to purchase either d2 or d4 15s of xfls..
box is 13 cubes tuned to 35hz

i was gonna just go .5 but some people say 1 ohm is a lil better sounding any input?

i have 4 400mr cnds an 240 amp alt
IMO... run the BC @ .5.... i wish i had 2 D2 hdc3 15s. and you have a better electrical then i do. i have 3 G31's 105 ah each and a 220a alt. i just got a BC3500 running it at 1 ohm & d@mn im a believer in Crescendo Audio now lol. amp is a straight beast...

lol is there really that much distortion from 1ohm to .5 ohm?

Idk amp specs, but wouldnt the coils already be distorting the BL curve with that much power thrown at them?

With a stout electrical I'd run at .5.

BTW is your 35hz setup daily? Does it still get low? I'm tuned to 31 atm but switching to 2 12's that will be at 35, not sure if I will notice a difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.