Rules for adding second battery

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
Need to add a second battery, or a big front underhood batt.

Runnin an SAZ 2000d and bazooka 60x4 channel.

So far just a stock battery up front, and as far as thoughts already, id like to just get an xs power d3100 batt and put it in the back and call it a day. but i duno if i could just drop one it, and if it would last.

other option would be just use the d3100 by itself up front. but that would be a ***** to try and get it to fit. (i drive a chevy silverado 1500 v6)

3rd option would be 2 d3400 batts. one up front and one in back.

guess the other question is would i be able to have different size batts working in the same elect system?

thanks

kyle

3rd option is the best. You need at least 2 good batts to run that much power...I hope your also planning on upgrading your alternator soon too...

Need to add a second battery, or a big front underhood batt.
Runnin an SAZ 2000d and bazooka 60x4 channel.

So far just a stock battery up front, and as far as thoughts already, id like to just get an xs power d3100 batt and put it in the back and call it a day. but i duno if i could just drop one it, and if it would last.

other option would be just use the d3100 by itself up front. but that would be a ***** to try and get it to fit. (i drive a chevy silverado 1500 v6)

3rd option would be 2 d3400 batts. one up front and one in back.

guess the other question is would i be able to have different size batts working in the same elect system?

thanks

kyle
1000 rms for every 75 amps of usable alternator. then subtract your amps efficiency and thats what your really pushing.

big three has been done, and right now the alt is a stock that has a lifetime warranty. little lame but alt will be last on the list.

but batts have to be the same?

i hope you are i ran a saz-3k off factory alt factory batt single 9a31 in the back and stayed 13 volts all day so tell me why it wont do it with the saz-2000

i hope you are i ran a saz-3k off factory alt factory batt single 9a31 in the back and stayed 13 volts all day so tell me why it wont do it with the saz-2000
1st of all, I doubt that.

2nd, I bet if you cracked open the case of that alt it was blacker than **** inside.

Minimum 1 good batt per 1kw. I don't care what kind of tests you think you did with whatever equipment you were running. Running 3kw with a stock alt and only 1 decent batt will eventually cause failure. I don't understand why everyone spends top dollar on their equipment then cuts every corner imaginable when it comes to the electrical.

i idnt run one but if you are real worried get one or for 85 plus shipping i have a deka 9a78dt i can include so your front and rear batts match. isolater gonna run you at least $50 +

be honest id rather run a d34 in front (xs power) and another in back, and have a batt isolator. i want to do it right.

1st of all, I doubt that.2nd, I bet if you cracked open the case of that alt it was blacker than **** inside.

Minimum 1 good batt per 1kw. I don't care what kind of tests you think you did with whatever equipment you were running. Running 3kw with a stock alt and only 1 decent batt will eventually cause failure. I don't understand why everyone spends top dollar on their equipment then cuts every corner imaginable when it comes to the electrical.
Call it what you want bubba I have done this many times and for years no alt failueres and batts always last yes it is a patch you should replace front batetery also at some point but it does work and test dont lie 6 months not one single issue. You can do stuff in stages this is the best starting point period.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.