RP5GM11 and Alpine iLX W670

Participant count
  • Participant list

NcFire11

CarAudio.com Newbie
NC
I apologize if this is the incorrect forum. I’m new here.

I am trying to interface these two modules to install into my truck.

The RP5GM11 has a 3 pin 3.5mm jack for steering wheel controls plus two extra wires(blue/yellow and brown). These are marked SW1 and SW2.

The W670 does not have the 3.5mm jack like most alpines seem to have. It does have SW1 and SW2 but also has an SWG. The RP5 has no SWG.

What connections do I need to make here?

Thank you.

SW sound to me like switch1, switch2, and switch ground. Have you tried Googling for a manual?
I have the diagrams for both. sWG is the only thing throwing me off since the interface does not offer it. Another person said I need a SWI-ADAPT module but I was wondering if there were other options.

Also-

It looks like the alpines are looking for a ON-OFF-ON ground from the parking brake to enable setting features.

I have a rigged up a relay triggered by the reverse signal to close a relay with ground on the NC to the park brake sensor to the radio. This way when I hit reverse while shifting it should theoretically interrupt the ground and enable settings. Any reason this won’t work?

I have not installed yet as I was sent the wrong mounting plate and don’t want to tear my truck apart until I can install it.

It looks like the alpines are looking for a ON-OFF-ON ground from the parking brake to enable setting features.
You can find bypass relays for this.
Screenshot_20240101-194317.png

I found a few manuals online but none had information on the SWG.
Screenshot_20240101-194542.png

I have that manual. The SW1/SW2 is pretty self explanatory. It’s just the SWG. I guess I’ll try it when I can get it installed and see what happens.

So I got the SWC to work flawlessly. I’ve got the unit installed now but I have terrible alternator whine on the right front speaker. Obviously a grounding issue but why is it only coming thru one?

I’ve tied in a ground behind the unit to the frame of the dash and also ran a ground wire to the Bose Amp which seemed to help a bit but it’s still there.

I also have a lot of popping when that Bose unit turns on and turns off. I may end up bypassing the Bose amp…

So I got the SWC to work flawlessly. I’ve got the unit installed now but I have terrible alternator whine on the right front speaker. Obviously a grounding issue but why is it only coming thru one?

I’ve tied in a ground behind the unit to the frame of the dash and also ran a ground wire to the Bose Amp which seemed to help a bit but it’s still there.

I also have a lot of popping when that Bose unit turns on and turns off. I may end up bypassing the Bose amp…
Id have to be there for hands on to give you an answer on this one. Let me chew on this a bit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...