Rookie here..need some help

boomchee

pgh-pa
Hey Everyone,

I have a sony gtx-100 hu, an rf r500-1 amp and an rf p2d212. It hits pretty decent but it seems as if I should be able to get more out of the set-up. Any suggestions would be appreciated..oh it's in a 93 deville (huge 3 body trunk)

2 ohms..Funny you mention the BIG 3, I got this amp Saturday and by Sat night my alt went bad (250 for alt and itstall)..I had it wired by a shop and I beleive 8gauge wires were used, need to double check though..The interior speakers..Dash Sony X-plod 4x6 4way rear deck Sony X-Plod 6x9 4 way still have the stock 5 1/2's in front doors.

2 ohms..Funny you mention the BIG 3, I got this amp Saturday and by Sat night my alt went bad (250 for alt and itstall)..I had it wired by a shop and I beleive 8gauge wires were used, need to double check though..The interior speakers..Dash Sony X-plod 4x6 4way rear deck Sony X-Plod 6x9 4 way still have the stock 5 1/2's in front doors.
You should use at least 4 guage for power, and also you cannot have a 2 ohm load with a Dual 2 Ohm sub.

Enclosure---Ported looks to be about 1.75cu ft...2.5 inch port top tyo bottom. Box is fatter at bottom than top.
it'll probably sound much better if you make a box.

and its a hatch box, the port is ****ed up because you cant have a slanted back with an L port, unless its just not tuned to anything....

You should use at least 4 guage for power, and also you cannot have a 2 ohm load with a Dual 2 Ohm sub.
What's an alternative? I like the sub/amp but I dont want to damage anything. What could happen if I continue like this?

it'll probably sound much better if you make a box.and its a hatch box, the port is ****ed up because you cant have a slanted back with an L port, unless its just not tuned to anything....
I believe I have a regular box somewhere at home. So that in itself would improve the sound somewhat?

depends, if you have it wired in series, itll be fine

wired in parallel, it'll have much more output, but it may fry the amp if it cant handle it.

I believe I have a regular box somewhere at home. So that in itself would improve the sound somewhat?
making a custom box would be best, but i think you have a hatchback box (back is slanted so the base is wider than the top) which i dont know how they would do the L port.

Im pretty new to all this stuff too, but just lurking on here has helped me alot.

Regular as in sealed? or regular as in a cube box?

because I guarantee that a custom box will be better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.