Rockford wire? True gauge?

Moofs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Does anyone know if rockford fosgate wiring is true gauge? I found a guy on craigslist who is selling an unopened dual amp kit that is 4g and splits to two 8g wires. Retail is like $80 and he is willing to take 50.

Has anyone used their wire? Let me know as soon as you can since I will meet him tomorrow if I do.

the only dual amp kit knu sells is a 0 to two 4g and it costs 130 and it's not complete. I think even when I piece it together myself it's around $90 before shipping.

my back up is the kicker amp kit. that is 90 shipped.

even if you use there 4 and 8 gauge wire?
as in get the RF kit and buy new wire?

u can put together a 4ga kit for around 35bux
I need a dual amp kit. so 4g then split to 8g plus all the little things (fuse holder, distro block, etc)

not just a reg single amp 4g kit.

I think I might buy the kicker dual amp kit if this falls through. knu is good but it's basically same price but then gets you with the shipping.

This is what I would do if you need a dual amp kit. (Will be a bit more pricey, but worth it.)

1. Buy as much 0awg as you need to get from the battery to a nice spot in the back of the car. (Trunk)

2. Get a distro block that goes from 0awg to 4awg or 8awg.

3. Hook up your amp and you will be happy with room to upgrade in the future to a bigger amp without buying all new wire.

This is what I would do if you need a dual amp kit. (Will be a bit more pricey, but worth it.)
1. Buy as much 0awg as you need to get from the battery to a nice spot in the back of the car. (Trunk)

3. Hook up your amp and you will be happy with room to upgrade in the future to a bigger amp without buying all new wire.
Definitely best way to go

I see no where a mention on the amps you're using. Thats whats going to determine if this is a good deal or not. If you can get the current to your amps that they need with the 4 ga to 2 runs of 8 ga then you gotta add in the cost of blowing your amps too. Might be worth it not to cheap out on one of the biggest parts of your system, the electrical.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

This is what I would do.

Knukonceptz product detail for KCA KABLE 1/0 ULTRA FLEKS BLUE CCA POWER / GROUND CABLE

Get like 18' of that stuff

Knukonceptz product detail for KOLOSSUS FLEKS KABLE 8 GAUGE BLUE POWER/GROUND WIRE

However many feet you need of that

Digital Distribution System

Distribution block. You can switch out the input between 1/0 and 4 gauge, and output between 4 gauge and 8 gauge. Has a built in voltage meter too. When you order it you have to select fuse sizes. Take whatever power youre gonna pull from your amps, divide that by like 13 and you have your amperage (which is what fuse you should choose)

Knukonceptz product detail for EKO 5 METER RCA CABLE

2 of these. Alternatively, you could step it up a notch and get the nicer shielded ones:

Knukonceptz product detail for KRYSTAL KABLE 2 CHANNEL 6M TWISTED PAIR RCA CABLE

And a fuse holder for your 1/0 wire

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=FH-20

You would want to select 250A (which is what CCA 1/0 is rated for)

Thanks Kangaroux! your posts are always really helpful and detailed!

All looks great except I'm not sure if I need the 0g. I know 100% I wont be upgrading bc this setup is already more than what I originally planned. So that I'm sure of.

The two amps I will be running are a 2 channel alpine amp that makes 70 rms x 2 @ 4 ohms. That will power my components and it looks like the sub amp will be an mb quart onx1.1000d which makes 750rms @ 2ohms. I havent picked the sub yet but either way it will be a 600rms sub so I will be turning the gains down a lot when I run it.

So what I had in mind was to run 4g to the trunk and split it at the distro block into one 8g wire for the 2 channel and then a 4g wiring for the sub amp.

Would that work or is it not suggested?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.