Rockford T1D2 vs ?? Looking to bang but have limited space. 2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab

OP
C-LocJiggleNuts

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2018
Seattle, WA
Not too concerned about the budget. It’s more what would work best in the space. I’ll have about 1.5 cu3 each side. I listen to everything so want to be flexible with adjustment from country to spl tracks. 

ckeeler11

Mar 17, 2016
AZ
Not too concerned about the budget. It’s more what would work best in the space. I’ll have about 1.5 cu3 each side. I listen to everything so want to be flexible with adjustment from country to spl tracks. 
so what are the mounting restrictions? Are you thinking underseat?

OP
C-LocJiggleNuts

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2018
Seattle, WA
Low end performance has more to do with the box design rather than the subs. Tune the box low and build it strong and it will play low no problem. 
Gotcha. The box i want is vented and tuned to 35hz with 2 12’s and after digging deeper looks like the Sundown Sa12 would be right in the ballpark of cu3 needed to be in spec. The T1 I currently have is good for a stand alone sub but needs too much space to run duals. 

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Gotcha. The box i want is vented and tuned to 35hz with 2 12’s and after digging deeper looks like the Sundown Sa12 would be right in the ballpark of cu3 needed to be in spec. The T1 I currently have is good for a stand alone sub but needs too much space to run duals. 
Sounds like you are looking at a prefab box. Those are pretty awful at best. 35hz is too high of a tune if you want good lows. You need to either build a box yourself or pay a shop to build you a custom box.

OP
C-LocJiggleNuts

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2018
Seattle, WA
I've considered that as well although having a dodge ram with limited space I haven't found a shop that will build one for less than 700.00 and need my truck for like a week. FoxBox has been my only option really so far. It does make me wonder what I'm missing sound wise not having a custom box. 

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I can search for the thread... but in a nutshell the Sa's sounded like doo-doo in his situation. He had multiple threads started got a Foxbox stuffed Sa's in there and wondered why it just did not sound good or have output even with decent power.

I suppose some other subs might be better suited or 10's like suggested in the other active thread, but I'm not a downfire/into seat fan to begin with... just me I suppose.

He ended-up doin a seatlift himself... got design help and built something himself and was astounded. IMO diy is worth it sometimes.

Those were 10's so it might be different but...

...small airspace, low port area and higher tuning just leaves a lot of room for improvement IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
That is an absolutely awful box, get a custom box made or learn how to do it yourself for less than $100 in materials. 
Hey man... I like the cup holder option 

I'd be able to endure the knocking somewhat... and enjoy a beer while wishing for some real bass

OP
C-LocJiggleNuts

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2018
Seattle, WA
Hey man... I like the cup holder option 

I'd be able to endure the knocking somewhat... and enjoy a beer while wishing for some real bass
Hahaha. Ok ok. I get it. Now I know why they call you Shredder. ?  Wish I would’ve joined this forum before I bought the first fox box. But I thought is sounded good with one T1 but I don’t know shit. ?‍♂ I don’t have the time to build my own and don’t know of any shops in the area I trust to build it without raping me on the price. Any ideas what a fair price would / should be? 

shredder2

Oldmang
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I'm just a diy guy... help with designs etc... shop pricing I haven't dealt with since the late 90's when I did some installing.

Even tho a set of Sa's mount in that box it don't mean it's anywhere near optimal.... and on a T 1500.1 to boot... lol

Single sub or multiples... if your gonna port em, make sure the NET airspace and port area works out for your subs and power level

OP
C-LocJiggleNuts

C-LocJiggleNuts

CarAudio.com Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2018
Seattle, WA
Sounds like I’m back to square one. What if I hypothetically just ditched the T1 and stuck a SA in the box I currently have which is 1.85 cu3 and powered it with the 1500? Would there be noticeable difference from the T1 do you think? Mind you I’m still on stock electrical and 4ga wiring. 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds