Rockford T1D2 vs ?? Looking to bang but have limited space. 2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab

Participant count
  • Participants list
Not too concerned about the budget. It’s more what would work best in the space. I’ll have about 1.5 cu3 each side. I listen to everything so want to be flexible with adjustment from country to spl tracks. 

Low end performance has more to do with the box design rather than the subs. Tune the box low and build it strong and it will play low no problem. 
Gotcha. The box i want is vented and tuned to 35hz with 2 12’s and after digging deeper looks like the Sundown Sa12 would be right in the ballpark of cu3 needed to be in spec. The T1 I currently have is good for a stand alone sub but needs too much space to run duals. 

Gotcha. The box i want is vented and tuned to 35hz with 2 12’s and after digging deeper looks like the Sundown Sa12 would be right in the ballpark of cu3 needed to be in spec. The T1 I currently have is good for a stand alone sub but needs too much space to run duals. 
Sounds like you are looking at a prefab box. Those are pretty awful at best. 35hz is too high of a tune if you want good lows. You need to either build a box yourself or pay a shop to build you a custom box.

I've considered that as well although having a dodge ram with limited space I haven't found a shop that will build one for less than 700.00 and need my truck for like a week. FoxBox has been my only option really so far. It does make me wonder what I'm missing sound wise not having a custom box. 

I can search for the thread... but in a nutshell the Sa's sounded like doo-doo in his situation. He had multiple threads started got a Foxbox stuffed Sa's in there and wondered why it just did not sound good or have output even with decent power.

I suppose some other subs might be better suited or 10's like suggested in the other active thread, but I'm not a downfire/into seat fan to begin with... just me I suppose.

He ended-up doin a seatlift himself... got design help and built something himself and was astounded. IMO diy is worth it sometimes.

Those were 10's so it might be different but...

...small airspace, low port area and higher tuning just leaves a lot of room for improvement IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.