Status
Not open for further replies.

JL Audio
5,000+ posts

ThugStep
KY
Item(s) for Sale:

Item(s) Description/Condition:

5" coil / huge mounting depth .. 3000rms/6000peak ( pfft really? )

single 1 ohm

were display models I bought before they went on display lol only ones the shop had gotten in. Not many have got to mess with these due to price and rarity on the market thus far.

complete in box with information booklets / screws / wood frame / all packing original etc.

Price:

1800 per. possibly go lower pending both are bought together.

would rather meet than to ship otherwise price is + shipping. Even neo, these things weigh a ton.

I will do payments plans if anyone is interested.

Trades - Whatever it is.. + cash unless it's a small automatic vehicle. Just offer though.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Listed above price would be + actual shipping

Item Pictures:

I HAVE FEEDBACKS RAWR

20150918_144257_zpsbl4xefuo.jpg

20151030_174047_zpsfbqlurfw.jpg

CAMERA FLASH OMG

20151030_174102_zpsghxq2kp2.jpg

1442257825072_zpsmhj90yso.jpg

20150914_152909_zpsnfp8f9mq.jpg

20150914_153050_zpslmfetke8.jpg

cant remember for the life of me my username on there or feel like signing up again.. lol

Lets ALL change our names to massive spl
btw op, You'll have much better luck on SMD forums with selling these.
and apparently this stupid ****:

9. IF you do no have 750 posts you CANNOT sell period. Nothing in sig either.

smd can Suck My Dick.

I already told him not to get the supergauss woofers, he didn't wanna listen.
everyone makes mistakes. unless they are going in a display case or on a shelf for collecting. They are a waste.. and even then... are. lol

everyone makes mistakes. unless they are going in a display case or on a shelf for collecting. They are a waste.. and even then... are. lol
I know these were hard to find. Why are they not good ? I always thought people wanted to buy them

I know these were hard to find. Why are they not good ? I always thought people wanted to buy them
Good luck finding coils for them....

smd can Suck My Dick.
Yeah, SMD is a pain. They kept bumping up how many posts you needed to sell. I only swing by there on rare occasions. I would imagine there are more RF fans over there; although that doesn't mean they would want to drop the money to play with these bad boys

Lousy lol. More like can't afford them butthurt hating
Just cant see spending 1800 on a single item.....weather I could afford it or not. perhaps you can but I can put together a ****** system for that amount.

Just cant see spending 1800 on a single item.....weather I could afford it or not. perhaps you can but I can put together a ****** system for that amount.
Cool story. I'll argue tomorrow while I'm banking OT. TTYL

the coils rub inside constantly when used ( Gap is insanely too tight/small ) , there are NO others coils to replace use once those go, fi had those custom made for the six woofers and refused to get anymore made, ask nick about it. he HATES those woofers. they are meant to be burp only single note machines.. once the coating on the coils rubs off, the coil will go and then.. paperweights. I was going to sell them for junk/scrap at one point if no one bought them when I had them.. perfect working order for a burp sub everyone wants them for daily.
i suppose you could just take the motors and get a backplate made for one and have two xs spl v1s .. or four if you got both 18s but why? lol.

all the others are blown by the way, rumors of a 12" float around and i've seen pics but I believe the pic is one of prototype 3" coil smd ( I know of 3 from facebook ) they looked similar to me anyhow when I saw them.
I was told I could get new coils

I already told him not to get the supergauss woofers, he didn't wanna listen.
I figured I'd ask someone who owned these subs

Is it lets all change our names to massive spl day or something?
Everyone is changing their username for some odd reason

Yeah what's up with everyone cloning your username lol.
No idea

smd can Suck My Dick.
Yeah, SMD is for feggots

I like owning rare and different stuff.

I'm sure you of all people can understand that

Haters gonna hate

Yea I can get coils for the thundergods so haters stop hating, oh and I played music with them and they work fine. Lots of rumors floating in here. I wouldn't lead Adulbrich astray just as I didn't when I fixed his ddz recone.

Glws op

Yea I can get coils for the thundergods so haters stop hating, oh and I played music with them and they work fine. Lots of rumors floating in here. I wouldn't lead Adulbrich astray just as I didn't when I fixed his ddz recone.
Glws op
I don't see any rumors.. They are burp subs that rub when used and will blow once coating is gone.. Nick can Confirm this. I can get coils for it too if I want to order 100.. Also you told Jon you'd only get rid of them back to him. Lie much? Tootles

I don't see any rumors.. They are burp subs that rub when used and will blow once coating is gone.. Nick can Confirm this. I can get coils for it too if I want to order 100.. Also you told Jon you'd only get rid of them back to him. Lie much? Tootles
I don't know why you are hating so much. In person you are not this abrasive. Maybe just Internet BaD-Azs??? There is no mystical coating, it's a normal former and coil. You are tempting me to take off the top assembly and post but I don't want to risk damaging anything before I send it off

Nothing but tha truth

I figured there would be some of that in this thread.

I always get hating when I list expensive gear for sale here. One thing I do like about CACO is they enforce "no post dumping" in the classifieds
You were trying to pass off subs with the wrong softparts as "perfect". On a more legitimate forum you'd have likely been banned for trying to scam people trying to pull that ****.

I try to ignore those posts or people whom really aren't adding anything to the thread. I don't understand why people posts things they do on here anymore at all.. this site used to be my goto for sale site.. now I stay on caco and still do the ocassional FB thing you see me doing now and then.
all audio sites seem to be dead anymore or no money on them.

as far as pricing on my subs go, 2499.99 is normal price on them, being mine are opened I figured 1800 was fair but to really expect to get it? that's a dream posting them on here.
The problem being is that the kind of person that has 1800 to spend on a white elephant of a subwoofer probably has 2500 to buy one BNIB from a dealer. At that point they'd rather pay 2500 so when they're using it for bragging rights they can brag about a bigger price tag. Resale value of a lot of premium products goes this way.

The ONLY reason DD can charge what they do for their Z subs is because they win in DB-Drag. The elite tier of competitors will buy them for the slight edge over more conventional designs. Rockford has been ignoring the market of serious SPL competitors since 2002 or so when they did TRF. The t3 is clearly marketed towards rich celebrities or car audio collectors with deep pockets, and just as a PR thing to get people dropping the name.

GLWS, I'm sure they're bad ***, but I'm guessing you'll need to bump this thread for a long time waiting for the right buyer..... particularly with all the broke-***** around this forum.

You were trying to pass off subs with the wrong softparts as "perfect". On a more legitimate forum you'd have likely been banned for trying to scam people trying to pull that ****.
They work fine. No, I was not trying to scam anyone. I figured everyone here already knows the whole story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...