Rockford Fosgate P3's

Participant count
  • Participant list

WingedRun3

I'm going to order 2 new 12 inch 2011 Rockford Fosgate P3's to go with my first generation JL Audio Slash 1000/1 amp upgrading from my 2 12 inch Kicker Comps lol, and I need help getting a new box.

At the moment I have a "sealed" box with 1.18 cubes per sub. I say "sealed" because the front panel leaks like a *****. It was my first build and I know I did a bad job but I didn't care it looked pretty. I don't have the money to pay the local audio shop 200 dollars for a box so I'm probably going to do it myself.

My maximum dimensions I can go are just short of 16 inches in height and 33 inches long. I know each sub is listed as 1.79 cubes for ported and that's the box I'm looking to do. I want to do a slot port, preferably in the front. I'm going for a tuning of 35-40hz I think but am open to suggestions to get the best of both worlds of SPL and SQ. I want it to hurt so lean more towards SPL.

Also what is best box placement? As close to the trunk lid as possible facing outside? Because I've always had mine as close to the back seat as possible and facing to the open trunk.

Could really use y'alls help!

I'd run those in a bigger box than 1.79. Sometimes manufacturer specs aren't the best. I'd go 2.00-2.25 and your tuning seems a bit high. There's a lot of box builders on here (not my thing) that will help you out. Can I ask why the p3's? Not exactly a forum favorite here... Be prepared to get a lot more options thrown at you. Keep an open mind. For the price you're paying for the p3's there's a lot of better options.

P3's are not bad subs at $130 a piece. I heard a pair of 12's tuned to 32hz running off a RF 1000.1bdcp and I was impressed. I would agree on tuning a little lower, 32hz-34hz.

I've already ordered the P3's and it's because they were the best I could find with my budget I had. (Now a zero budget) because I had to send in my amplifier to the manufacturer to get the outputs fixed. They match pretty well with the RMS of my amplifier I have and that's why I had that as a choice. Might I ask why it's not a favorite? Besides the fact that it isn't something like RE DD Sundown ect? I was looking at a Turbo Bass ProBox for them maybe because the company gave me a quote for 175 dollars. But there is a guy I found on here that can build boxes for 150 dollars, but If I could get plans or guidance I could build it for a fifth of the price almost.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.