Rockford 800.2 / 2 10" MTX Thunder 6000s

Participant count
  • Participant list

echz

I just picked up the Rockford Punch 800.2 and 2 10" MTX Thunder 6000's. The subs are 4 ohm and do 250 rms/500 peak i believe, and they are wired directly from the amp (L+/L- to left, R+/R- to right), so they should be being pushed at 200x2 if I'm reading correctly.

I don't know what's going on with them however, unless they are blown -- They seem to break up and not hit cleanly...They are in a sealed box, in a Ford Probe (hatchback).

I'm using a Sony XPlod L-Cube series headunit that does 52x4 and has a separate sub out. I have the crossover on the amp set at ~60, and it's on Low Pass....I've played with the gains and tried everything i can think of, but to no avail.

Can someone offer any insight to where my problem may be? Am I overamping these speakers? I only have 6 out of the 8 screws holding each speaker in as well....could that be a problem? I think I should be able to earth these speakers...but it sounds pretty bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif...Any help is appreciated!

yo, kid if the sound is not right, you may need to use all 8 screws. why don't you have all of them in anyway? when you're using a sealed enclosure there must be NO AIR leaking from the screws, the surround on the woofers, or around or from the terminal connectors inside. you will know if it's sealed if you press '' lightly but firmly'' with figertips around dustcap glue seam and sub should feel pretty stiff like it's resisting the force you are pressing with. keep in mind that box should be tested in a warm environment. b 4 u give up, try all these and see what happens.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif good luck, hope i was some if not any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.