Rocker LED Switch Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

SirSteve
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
USA
I am in need of 5 led rocker switches but I do not have the room for them (in an ashtray). I even tried the "mini" ones but there just isn't enough depth for the switch AND the wire (I even tried soldering to make it a little shorter instead of using connectors).

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by avistar23 make a box for them and mount them under the dash.....
Thanks for the suggestion but I will be showing this vehicle and they really have to stay in the ashtray... somehow.

Any way you can go with less than five? How many will fit in your ashtray? If the point is to keep the five separate, mount the switches away in the back of the glove box and run all five of them through a single relay witha single switch in the ashtray. Or just use the five in the glove box. You could always recess mount the switches in your visor. A friend of mine did that with some switches for his neons and fogs and it looked pretty good. I don't know what switches he used, they were fairly small and kind of flat. More like pushbutons.

Originally posted by eengrms Any way you can go with less than five? How many will fit in your ashtray? If the point is to keep the five separate, mount the switches away in the back of the glove box and run all five of them through a single relay witha single switch in the ashtray. Or just use the five in the glove box. You could always recess mount the switches in your visor. A friend of mine did that with some switches for his neons and fogs and it looked pretty good. I don't know what switches he used, they were fairly small and kind of flat. More like pushbutons.
It's not the amount of switches that is the problem, it's the depth of the switches. The ashtray is too shallow to allow the switch and the wiring to fit. I have monitors in my visors...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.