RMS question!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by HONDAPOWA I was just wondering. is it ok for a sub rated with 300rms to be powered by a 600rms amplifier? Are there any potential danger of damaging the sub? just wonderin. thanks
What sub and amp? It all depends on the impedance of the sub and what the amp will put out at that impedance.

Type of box is also important so if you can give us that info to. But yes it is alright if the gain on the amp is turned down but in your case type r's like to be fed about 100 more watts than rated for RMS:)

the box? ahg. any box that works. and uhm.. 100watts? wouldnt it be like, 300 watts more than it can handle? since its rms rating is at 300 watts.

Originally posted by HONDAPOWA the box? ahg. any box that works. and uhm.. 100watts? wouldnt it be like, 300 watts more than it can handle? since its rms rating is at 300 watts.
You have 2 of them, correct? If you wire them to 2 ohms, they will each get 300 watts, which is their RMS;)

Do you have one sub or 2? If you have on, you wire it in series to get a 4 ohm load, and the sub would see around 325RMS. If you have two, wire the subs in parallel and then in series to the amp to produce a 2ohm load, so both subs would get about 325.

Originally posted by HONDAPOWA but what if i have one?! AHg. if i set it as a series instead of parallel, would it fix it?
Yea your good to go!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Plus your feeding it a lil more then RMS and ppl on here that have them say they like more power than RMS so I think your good to go except for a box. I would ask Jmac with that one. He has alot of experience with R's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.