Right Tweet is 4 times Louder than the Left

also double check the level for that tweeter in the HU just to be sure it's not way lower then the other side as you can adjust them independently...

Ok guys I finally got a chance to trouble shoot this pretty carefully today.

First I restripped the tweeter leads, and re-crimped the connection with the original speaker wire

To my amazement, the tweeter then played at full volume after I did this! But 30 seconds later, it reverted to the old 25% volume.....very very strange. I KNOW the connection is solid. I twisted the wires together firmly then crimped them. There's no way that's not a solid connection, since I even restripped them to make sure the strands hadn't gotten cut during the original stripping.

Bewildered, I then tried running a completely new speaker wire over the seats from the amp to the door. This did nothing, it still played the same, didn't even get the 30 second spurt that I did originaly.

Now I re-checked for amp/hU issues by swapping the L & R tweeter wires at the amp. When the R tweeter was connected to the L side, it still played fine. The L tweet still played quietly even when connected to the right side outputs.

I double checked all my Time alignment, EQ, Levels, phase, crossover, and Fader/Balance settings. Everything is off, flat, 0, Including the level adjustments.

At this point it doesn't really seem like it could be anything other than the tweeter itself, which is really really strange since it is brand new and I've been babying it.

At this point I guess my only resort is to go back to my dealer for help!

Thanks again, any other final suggestions are welcome.

Possible Problems:

HU Settings: No, everything flat or 0.

RCA to Amp: No (Right tweet plays fine when connected to left RCA)

Amp Outpt: No (Right tweet plays fine when connected to left amp output)

Speaker wire: No (Running new speaker wire had no affect)

A malfunction with the tweeter itself seems to be the only possibilty at this point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.